2 replies to this topic

#1 LarrysAndroid

LarrysAndroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Is it safe to create a ROM slot and activate it then wipe everything INCLUDING system on your stock ROM?

#2 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

Is it safe to create a ROM slot and activate it then wipe everything INCLUDING system on your stock ROM?

LA...
Do Not touch the Stock side or Wipe anything but Cache & Dalvic Cache only...No System Wipes or Factory Resets...

FYI...
Before you create any ROM Slots please Read more information about what you want to do with your Phone...Example...Safestrap will be needed if your Creating New ROM Slots for Custom ROMs or ROMs that are specific to your PHone Device...

Safestrap is your Playing Field to try New ROMs...

Not being a Wiseguy...but Read a little more before you make any changes with your phone...

DO NOT TOUCH THE STOCK SIDE for Changes...Period

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

LA...
Do Not touch the Stock side or Wipe anything but Cache & Dalvic Cache only...No System Wipes or Factory Resets...

FYI...
Before you create any ROM Slots please Read more information about what you want to do with your Phone...Example...Safestrap will be needed if your Creating New ROM Slots for Custom ROMs or ROMs that are specific to your PHone Device...

Safestrap is your Playing Field to try New ROMs...

Not being a Wiseguy...but Read a little more before you make any changes with your phone...

DO NOT TOUCH THE STOCK SIDE for Changes...Period

Its Bubba

+1 I agree... If you are just getting into rooting and flashing, make sure you never flash or wipe anything on stock slot! With that being said, ALWAYS make a backup of your stock slot before doing anything! In case you flash something on stock slot or anything happens, you can almost always restore that backup. And you can also restore it to other rom slots before flashing roms. I like to make several backups of my stock slot, one as soon as I root and complete update, one after updating all apps and setting up, and another de-bloated after set up...

Also if you do wipe system on stock slot as you mentioned, you will not have a system to boot(it will give you a warning when trying to power off or reboot in ss) and the phone will brick. Unless you have a backup that you can restore, the only option will be to SBF and start over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users