mss2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationKansas City
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT912

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hello, could someone please give me a little help? I'm on the ICS OTA, mostly stock, never been rooted. I want to return ICS to bone stock, run the latest JB 98.72.16 OTA update that's now being pushed from Verizon, then root with Razr Blade. Will using Options 1,3,4 on "Matt's DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)" do this for me?

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Hello, could someone please give me a little help? I'm on the ICS OTA, mostly stock, never been rooted. I want to return ICS to bone stock, run the latest JB 98.72.16 OTA update that's now being pushed from Verizon, then root with Razr Blade. Will using Options 1,3,4 on "Matt's DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)" do this for me?

That Utility won't take you to stock ICS, it will just fastboot you straight to JB, but yes that Utility will take care of everything you need :)

#3 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Hello mss...

Once you Updated to JB .16...ICS has Melted away...Meaning, you cannot go back to ICS after taken the OTA Update..

If you decide which sounds like you have used the Utility A-I-O.... I think,

You'll noticed when booting up your phone the Red M Logo appears and Duel Core is No Longer showing under the Logo your Officially on JB .16....

"End Of Story"

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#4 mss2012

mss2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Ok, thank you for your replies. I understand that Matt's utility will get me to JB. But after reading tons of posts I it seems that the people that have the greatest success in first time root do the 4 wipes: 1. System, 2. Factory date reset 3. Cache 4. Dalvik. Then run DroidRazrUtility1.82 Fast boot Restore 6.16.211 (ICS 4.0.4 Official OTA Software) as described in Satman80's JB OTA update How To's, With Details for Beginners. This insures that SA is factory version and gets rid of any junk that you don't want to be carried over in the JB update.
Shouldn't I be doing this first?

#5 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Option 1 with a wipe, Option 3 to root and Option 4 to install Safestrap if you want to use custom roms. Its that easy. If you want to try what you wrote, go for it. If your still Stock ICS, you might be able to take the OTA directly.

#6 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Ok, thank you for your replies. I understand that Matt's utility will get me to JB. But after reading tons of posts I it seems that the people that have the greatest success in first time root do the 4 wipes: 1. System, 2. Factory date reset 3. Cache 4. Dalvik. Then run DroidRazrUtility1.82 Fast boot Restore 6.16.211 (ICS 4.0.4 Official OTA Software) as described in Satman80's JB OTA update How To's, With Details for Beginners. This insures that SA is factory version and gets rid of any junk that you don't want to be carried over in the JB update.
Shouldn't I be doing this first?

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#7 mss2012

mss2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Ok, thank you. This is only the second time I've rooted a phone and I just want to make sure I understand exactly what I'm doing.
So when running Option 1, will it automatically find the pushed JB download on my phone or do I have to navagate to the download location?

#8 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

If you choose option 1 that's all that's necessary. The script in the utility will take care of the rest.

#9 mss2012

mss2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Great, thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users