20 replies to this topic

#1 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I've been getting unnwanted notifications (Badoo, Benaughty app ), how do I STOP these. They are bugging the crap out of me? I've tried airpush and it didn't find anything, I've rebooted, deleted the last app I instlled before it started. My Razr is rooted w/ TB, safestrap, bloat freezer, I've frozen most of the apps on the safely frozen list on this forum. They seem to show up when the phone is idol. Thanks in advance. Help Please

#2 willmiii

willmiii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

I have been getting the same thing. Would love to get an answer also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3 Nit3mare

Nit3mare

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

You might want to try scanning your phone with an antivirus app. Sounds like ad-ware to me.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk

#4 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Check the last couple free apps that you downloaded, it comes in certain free apps.

No one cares where this was sent from

:-D :-D

#5 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

There is an app in the market you can download that prevents them from coming in to your phone. I get these too and its no a virus, adware, spamware, or anything that any antivirus prevents. They are essentially goggle advertisements.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Droid RAZR Rooted

#6 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

Get adaway from the market. It'll take care of those pesky notifications along with all app ads. You just have to remember to update the host files often.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • cvhovey and Turtle like this

#7 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

it's part of something you downloaded. usually free mp3 apps or something like that

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#8 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Thanks everyone, I'm going to try something until they go away.Is there some way of checking an app to see if it is the one like freezing it or something, I really don't want to add anything to possibly make things any worse! I appreciate all the help every one has given here, because on another forum I got one post. Thanks Again to everyone, but don't stop now the more posts means more ideas. Remember all ideas are good (never a stupid one... ever!).

#9 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm going to try something until they go away.Is there some way of checking an app to see if it is the one like freezing it or something, I really don't want to add anything to possibly make things any worse! I appreciate all the help every one has given here, because on another forum I got one post. Thanks Again to everyone, but don't stop now the more posts means more ideas. Remember all ideas are good (never a stupid one... ever!).

Heres a stupid one: erase all your apps and it'll get rid of any ads. lol
Seriously though, Adaway is the way to go. It's a complete ad blocker. Even if you don't have notification ads, it gets rid of all the banner ads in apps that can sometimes get in the way.
  • Turtle likes this

#10 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

I thought that I (we) had the problem solved by using a little from everyone, but just as I was going to click "post" I looked over and that little green light was flashing. So i deleted it (my 2 paragragh long what I did and thanks to everyone) and I'am writting this. I'm going to wait another 24 hr or so then I guess I'll have to go the "adaway" direction. Don't realy want to (to many permissions) but I haven't found anything that will work from what has been suggested. Thanks to everyone for helping. Anymore suggestions anyone??????

#11 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

Well, no luck!! Ended up having to use Adaway. I appreciate all the help !!!!!!!!

#12 jayb

jayb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

You can use Addons Protector in the market to find out exactly which app is doing that.

#13 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

You can use Addons Protector in the market to find out exactly which app is doing that.

I think you meant detector, tried that didn't find anything.

#14 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Well, even Adaway didn't so now what. Addons Detertor, Ad Network Detector by Lookout, deleted all down loaded MP3's, ran antivirus, and deleted the last 4 free apps that were installed previously. Now what? reptilian... May have to go with your first idea...LOL Don't stop now I'm open for solutions :rolleyes:

#15 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Check the last couple free apps that you downloaded, it comes in certain free apps.

No one cares where this was sent from

Uninstall your most recently downloaded apps one by one until they stop. Then you'll know what not to use.

:-D :-D

#16 jayb

jayb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Sorry.....been at work and just seen i put the wrong name. Might try Air push......I think thats what it is. I used it once. I had a mp3 downloader program that was doing what you described.

Sent from my safe strapped rooted and kicking butt Razr.

#17 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Sorry.....been at work and just seen i put the wrong name. Might try Air push......I think thats what it is. I used it once. I had a mp3 downloader program that was doing what you described.

Sent from my safe strapped rooted and kicking butt Razr.

Sorry don't mean to keep on shooting your ideas down but I've already tried Airpush also ( in first post ). It's just happening about one time each day now, where it was 6! May have to do what SoLongSideKick said but that would take long time (since it is just showing up 1 time in a 24 hr period).

#18 jayb

jayb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Ok.....it's all good. I read a lot of post and can not remember when I comment a few times. :)

#19 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

I did 2 things last nite. First, deleted dropbox app, when I came back to my notifications, I already had an unwated notification, so I change my antivirus to Avast Mobile . Since then I haven't had a unwanted notification, I don't know which one did it, just sitting here with my fingers crossed. Avast is what I have on my PC does really well, didn't even know they had a mobile antivirus until it popped up on my monitor. So I looked at, it looked pretty good and free too! Thanks to all that posted.

#20 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

I did 2 things last nite. First, deleted dropbox app, when I came back to my notifications, I already had an unwated notification, so I change my antivirus to Avast Mobile . Since then I haven't had a unwanted notification, I don't know which one did it, just sitting here with my fingers crossed. Avast is what I have on my PC does really well, didn't even know they had a mobile antivirus until it popped up on my monitor. So I looked at, it looked pretty good and free too! Thanks to all that posted.

It's bad having to quote myself. But I finally found the sucker solongsidekick you were right, but I wouldn't have thought it would be bloat freezer :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users