11 replies to this topic

#1 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Usually when you text, you get a little time-stamp confirmation telling you when they went through. Most of my texts go through but I am not getting that confirmation. The little green arrow just sits there like its waiting for the text to send. This was occurring on every ROM I tried...even on the Stock ROM.

So to try to fix the problem, I factory reset my Stock ROM. That didn't help. I even used Matt's 1.10 utility and fastbooted back to ICS then OTA'ed back onto Jelly Bean.

I even upgraded to 4.1.2. The issue still persists! Any ideas?!?

#2 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Usually when you text, you get a little time-stamp confirmation telling you when they went through. Most of my texts go through but I am not getting that confirmation. The little green arrow just sits there like its waiting for the text to send. This was occurring on every ROM I tried...even on the Stock ROM.

So to try to fix the problem, I factory reset my Stock ROM. That didn't help. I even used Matt's 1.10 utility and fastbooted back to ICS then OTA'ed back onto Jelly Bean.

I even upgraded to 4.1.2. The issue still persists! Any ideas?!?

Evening smeekteek,

The only time I will have this issues is when sending Pics and Data to a recipient...File Sizes and believe it or not...Pics with a lot of Colors and Definitions it will hang with the Green Arrow in the bottom right corner ust flicking away not sending the text

Outside of that...All my Data Texts will send...

It Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Yeah, it happens to me on simple worded texts. I don't send file very often.

#4 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

I changed to GO SMS PRO and that seems to have fixed the issue thus far.
  • The Persuader likes this

#5 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

GO SMS PRO is Awesome

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#6 hskrgrl

hskrgrl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

I am also having problems since the update. I use Chomp SMS and my messages will show as send failures even though they are going thru. Every so often they will resend themselves a day later. I experience the same problems using the default RAZR text.

#7 NullPointerException

NullPointerException

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Is your phone rooted? If so, please go into a terminal window via adb and issue the following command: cat /proc/tty/drivers
Copy and paste the results here, and I will give you more.

The results should look something like this:

root@android:/dev # cat /proc/tty/drivers
cat /proc/tty/drivers
/dev/tty /dev/tty 5 0 system:/dev/tty
/dev/console /dev/console 5 1 system:console
/dev/ptmx /dev/ptmx 5 2 system
g_serial /dev/ttyHSUSB 235 0-3 serial
usbserial /dev/ttyUSB 188 0-253 serial
acm /dev/ttyACM 166 0-31 serial
msm_serial_hsl /dev/ttyHSL 240 0-3 serial
msm_serial_hs_brcm /dev/ttyHS 241 0-1 serial
msm_serial_hs /dev/ttyHS 242 0-1 serial
pty_slave /dev/pts 136 0-1048575 pty:slave
pty_master /dev/ptm 128 0-1048575 pty:master
smd_tty_driver /dev/smd 249 0-36 serial

#8 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

No issues here i just tried it and the green arrow disapeared right away and it told me messagge sent... i did a factory reset, cache wipe and dalkvin after my 1st boot from stock recovery..

#9 admack

admack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

See post #3. It fixed my issue on my og maxx. I have low 3g signal at home and work, and the texts were trying to send over that weak 3g signal. The post below makes it so they send over 2g.

Funny story. I called Verizon since January about this issue. They sent the network team out 3 times. They are finally upgrading me to the maxx hd. I come on this site to read some posts about my soon to be new phone. I come across the below post on the hd forums, I try it on my maxx ( i don't have the HD yet), and the issue is fixed. Needless to say when I get the hd I'll be changing this setting first thing.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#10 hskrgrl

hskrgrl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the advice. I changed the messaging option for sending texts. I have very weak signal at both home and work. I also did another factory data reset today just hoping that by some random chance, the texts would start sending correctly. They are still somewhat random in which ones are sent immediately and which ones are delayed or coming back as undeliverable.
I am rooted. I apologize for being so naive (I am very new to all of this!) but I must not be running the above adb command correctly. I am unable to retrieve any results upon issuing the command. ?

#11 admack

admack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Oh ok, mine would never come back undeliverable. They would just show the sending arrow forever but usually they were in fact sent fine. For me sending texts over 2g seems to have cured it completely.

#12 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

See post #3. It fixed my issue on my og maxx. I have low 3g signal at home and work, and the texts were trying to send over that weak 3g signal. The post below makes it so they send over 2g.

Funny story. I called Verizon since January about this issue. They sent the network team out 3 times. They are finally upgrading me to the maxx hd. I come on this site to read some posts about my soon to be new phone. I come across the below post on the hd forums, I try it on my maxx ( i don't have the HD yet), and the issue is fixed. Needless to say when I get the hd I'll be changing this setting first thing.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I performed this fix and it worked for a while. Now delivery report problem is back! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users