#1 trduff89

trduff89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr Maxx

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

So i got my droid Razr maxx about3 weeks ago and i really like it. My problem i'm having though is that my phone won't charge consistently. I use the oem cable to charge. To make sure that it wasn't just a short in the cable i tested some other chargers and same problem. It's like the phone realizes its plugged in but then does nothing. If it's off and i plug it in it automatically boots the phone and still doesn't charge. The phone is rooted, but i wouldn't think that would bethe problem because this didn't arrise until the phone had been rooted for a week or so. I'm sitting right below 50 percent now luckily these things have giant batteries, but i'm running out of time to figure it out. any input would be greatly apprecieated.

#2 rangerm

rangerm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Your charger also allows your phone to communicate with a computer (via USB). Does the cable work in that capacity?

#3 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

If you just got it, I would consider getting a replacement...
  • The Persuader likes this

#4 trduff89

trduff89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

Your charger also allows your phone to communicate with a computer (via USB). Does the cable work in that capacity?

It does not work in this manner either.

If you just got it, I would consider getting a replacement...

how hard would that be since its rooted. do i just play dumb about that? Its not like it caused the issue, are faulty usb ports a common problem at all?

#5 rangerm

rangerm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

I don't think they'd ask questions, since you just got it. But if you're worried, you could do a hard reset. If it'll turn off, then while it's off I think you press and hold the power button and volume up button at the same time it'll do a factory reset.

You may want to google search confirm that, though.

#6 trduff89

trduff89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

ill look into that.

#7 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

So here is what you may want to try.....Use Matts JB Utility, it can re-flash your phone with the latest JB, root and install SS.

I would try it, using Option 1 to reflash and Wipe. See how the battery is doing after that. If its not working, you will have removed root, so you can trade it in. If it is working re-root yourself. Do NOT let the play store update Smartactions....otherwise you will need to do Option 1 again.

hth

#8 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Factory reset may help your battery issue, but it will not remove root.....
  • The Persuader likes this

#9 trduff89

trduff89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

im so low on battery charge now i dont think i could do that plus i can't plug it into the computer to do all that. i don't even do anything with the root. my phones not rommed or anything i was just starting to look into that stuff when this problem arose.

#10 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

There are a number of Battery threads in our forum, maybe one of those will have some more advice and things to try.

#11 trduff89

trduff89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

interesting enough, phone got down to 15% and i was just plugging it in and now it is charging. makes no sense. It also acts like its not a bad connection, because i move the phone around and the cable and it continues to charge. Odd.

#12 rangerm

rangerm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

Factory reset may help your battery issue, but it will not remove root.....

I did not know that. Thanks for that.

#13 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

It does not work in this manner either.

how hard would that be since its rooted. do i just play dumb about that? Its not like it caused the issue, are faulty usb ports a common problem at all?

Rooting your phone has nothing to do with not charging your phone...It could be your USB Cable or your Phone...I agree with CMH...Replacement...its only going to get worse...

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#14 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

im so low on battery charge now i dont think i could do that plus i can't plug it into the computer to do all that. i don't even do anything with the root. my phones not rommed or anything i was just starting to look into that stuff when this problem arose.

Hello trduff,

Juice Defender Utimate is Awesome...I will always get the Max out of my battery...Smartaction seems to cause me conflicts but that's my opinion...

Work both and others that your aware of...Let us know what you think is the better choice...

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#15 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • Google+:t3t3droid@gmail.com
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, SGS4

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Download es file explorer and open up system then etc then init.d and see if 00adbdinsecured is in there... If so then that is the charging problem. Seeing as you're not a Dev you won't be needing it and can long press then delete it.
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
If you like our work please consider
Donating towards
Phones and Site costs :D Thanks!!

#16 trduff89

trduff89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

phone went completely dead over the weekend. warranty replacement is on its way. What pisses me off though is my phone is still brand new, and now im going to get at refurbished one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users