9 replies to this topic

#1 AndroidFan2

AndroidFan2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Just registered here on DROIDRAZR.com a few minutes ago. This website looks really nice! Looks like a lot of good info and people on this forum. I currently have an upgrade at Verizon and have it down to the DROID Razr Max and the Galaxy Nexus. Besides introducing myself, I figured I would ask everyone their opinions on which I should get? I was set on the Nexus mostly because of the screen and ICS, but then I started reading about the bad battery life, poor reception, cheap build, and bad camera. The Razr on the other hand really has none of the issues the Nexus has. It has pretty good looking screen, a huge battery (the MAX anyways), much better reception, and who doesn't like the Razr's build quality and overall looks!? I am really stuck on which to get. I used them both and really like them both. I've heard that the Razr is going to get ICS, so that really eliminates the point of having that as a plus to the Nexus. I really like the developer group behind the Nexus though. I've browsed through the Razr ROMs and what not and it seems like it has a fairly large developer group behind it, but it really doesn't seem half the size. Any recommendations are welcome!

-Nick

#2 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Welcome to droidrzr.com! You will find so much help here for your ( hopefully ) RAZR. Personally I'd go with the RAZR.... just my 2ยข... by the way, make sure to enter my contest found here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Custom Android Bling Giveaway

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#3 mgarney26

mgarney26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Twitter:mgarney26
  • Locationmobile alabama

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

the razr is the way to go in my opinion. great developers, great admins here on the site, and all in all a wonderful place to get to know one another. this site has a chat function that a lot of people go to just to chat and get help when they need it. i was like you are (nexus or razr) i chose the razr and am glad i did. it really is an amazing site and this phone has a lot going for it! welcome to the site and i hope to see ya in chat soon! oh yeah and they have really cool contests all the time!

#4 AndroidFan2

AndroidFan2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the fast replies! Considering your recommendations and after looking at a few more comparisons and reviews between the two phones, I think I'm going to go with the RAZR Max. Unless I change my mind for some odd reason, I should be picking her up sometime this weekend.

On a side note, I've read that the DROID Razr and DROID RAZR Max both run identical software, so that means the rooting techniques, ROMs, etc are the same for both correct?

#5 mgarney26

mgarney26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Twitter:mgarney26
  • Locationmobile alabama

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

yep as a matter of fact i read somewhere that people were actually taking the phone apart and taking the battery out of the maxx and replacing it in the regular razr and getting the same battery life...but as far as rooting, roms, and all that its exactly the same. maxx just has the bigger better battery life. hope you stick with your plans bro and once again welcome to the family!

#6 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

The question is better looked at this way... Do you want to buy based on hardware or software? Nothing will top development for the Nexus branded products, but Samsung is one of the last companies I would recommend to hardware making the Galaxy Nexus a hard call. If Moto ever gives us our unlocked bootloader and a set of ICS drivers the RAZR will be the best of both worlds. The GNex's hardware will never be capable of being on par with the RAZR though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#7 AndroidFan2

AndroidFan2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

The question is better looked at this way... Do you want to buy based on hardware or software? Nothing will top development for the Nexus branded products, but Samsung is one of the last companies I would recommend to hardware making the Galaxy Nexus a hard call. If Moto ever gives us our unlocked bootloader and a set of ICS drivers the RAZR will be the best of both worlds. The GNex will never be capable of more than it is today(not accounting for

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That is a very good way of putting it. The Razr seems to have the best of both worlds and that's why I have decided to go with the Razr Max. Plus, if I hate it, I can exchange it. I doubt I'll hate it though coming from a DROID X2 that can't even play music without stuttering.

#8 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Well if you get the maxx, you wont have to worry about taking it back. I have seen several threads concerning trades and buying the maxx....it wont be hard to get rid of.

Which could also double that...everyone is happy with there maxx

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#9 bpm1055

bpm1055

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hello Everyone,
I am Ben. I am a computer engineering major and love technology. I recently rooted my razr am trying to figure everything out.
Thanks for the help I found in the forums!

Ben

#10 AndroidFan2

AndroidFan2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

I went over to Verizon today to try out the Razr Max and the Galaxy Nexus one last time before I made a decision. I have officially decided on the DROID Razr Max. It is by far the better overall package. The only thing that the Nexus has on the Razr is the screen. The Nexus' screen is more crisp as far as text and some icons go, but the difference is so subtle I had to hold it about 3" from my face to even notice it; plus I was looking for differences in the two screens, so under normal use I would never notice it. The build of the Nexus felt cheap and even the display model I used showed its 4G connection fluctuating, so that really pushed me in the direction of the Razr. The pluses of the Razr far out weigh the pluses of the Nexus and after the 14 trial days I have with it, I will root it and throw a ICS themed ROM on it and then the Nexus doesn't even have ICS on the Razr. I had to order my Razr Max because they were back ordered, so I should be able to pick it up Wednesday of this coming week. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users