Photo

DROID Bionic Owners: Jelly Bean is Coming Soon!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

The Motorola Feedback Network has sent out soak test invites for owners of the DROID Bionic, for the long-awaited Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update!

This comes only a week after Motorola committed to a Quarter 2 release of Jelly Bean for the device. Assuming the update passes the tests of those who decide to soak test, it will roll out to all owners shortly after. This is the last device that Motorola has committed to update to Jelly Bean.

You can read the email sent out to owners below:

Hi,

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Droid Bionic on Verizon to participate in an early preview of the new Jelly Bean software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid Bionic, please excuse and ignore this email.

The registration window for this soak could be extremely small — sorry about that. Please act now to take part.

Click this link – [LINK REMOVED] – to take the enrollment survey if you wish to take part. Note that you must be a member in good standing of the Motorola Owners’ Forums to be included. The registration window could close without notice so please respond as quickly as possible.

This is a confidential test under the terms of the Motorola Feedback Network. Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites.

Thanks. Although we expect to start soon, we ask for your patience if you register but don’t hear from us right away.

Matt
Motorola Owners’ Forums
Motorola Feedback Network

Who all is excited to see that Jelly Bean is not too far away?

[Via:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

]
  • k.c.cole, bdazzg1 and livinginkaos like this

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

It will be interesting to see if recent razr plague history repeats itself here, or if the same rock-solidness (is that a word?) of ICS lives on in JB on the Bionic ?!?!?

I have two things to say-

#1 - Protect root ! We have no idea if any of the current exploits will work until tested.

#2 - Proceed with caution - If the Bionic is your only phone and you've had the same rock-solid ICS experience that I have had, I would be patient and let others give it the test before making the jump. Recent updates haven't proven 100% on the Razr line. Being last in line has some advantages of getting right by learning from previous failures, but there are no guarantees here......

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 Dave12308

Dave12308

"The Don"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts
  • LocationSchenectady, NY - 518 Represent!
  • Current Device(s):Motorola X 2014 (AT&T - Biggest MISTAKE! i've EVER made), ASUS Padfone X (Thanks, Kaos!)

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

It will be interesting to see if recent razr plague history repeats itself here, or if the same rock-solidness (is that a word?) of ICS lives on in JB on the Bionic ?!?!? I have two things to say- #1 - Protect root ! We have no idea if any of the current exploits will work until tested. #2 - Proceed with caution - If the Bionic is your only phone and you've had the same rock-solid ICS experience that I have had, I would be patient and let others give it the test before making the jump. Recent updates haven't proven 100% on the Razr line. Being last in line has some advantages of getting right by learning from previous failures, but there are no guarantees here......

To be fair, though, ICS was rushed on the RAZR and was nowhere near as polished as it was on the Bionic. I have a strange feeling that this will be a repeat of that.

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

To be fair, though, ICS was rushed on the RAZR and was nowhere near as polished as it was on the Bionic. I have a strange feeling that this will be a repeat of that.

That's the hope and the last test results we heard were very good on this build. Doesn't hurt to exercise caution though if one is at all concerned. It will only take a few days to find out how it fares. There are a good number of HD users that wish they hadn't just jumped on the recent 4.1.2 update- lost root with no way back and random messaging/radio issues. This being the last update for the Bionic......

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#5 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Great news. As livingkaos stated. PROTECT ROOT!!! Use voodoo and back it up. As of now, there is NO ROOT EXPLOIT for JB Bionic.
  • livinginkaos likes this

Posted Image

#6 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

This is great news! I, however will be moving to Razr MAXX HD on the 19th. (Bastards at VZW wont move my upgrade up 10 lousy days) asshats! The Bionic, at that point will become a toy and a tester

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#7 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

This is great news! I, however will be moving to Razr MAXX HD on the 19th. (Bastards at VZW wont move my upgrade up 10 lousy days) asshats! The Bionic, at that point will become a toy and a tester

I spoke too soon!

RAZR HD Dev

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users