oguzpasa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationkonya
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

hi guyz! there is a rom called "rage rom" and it only support cdma. but i and many of my friends want to use this rom and we r gsm razr users. so here is my question: how to make gsm patch for this rom.

here is the rom :

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

hi guyz! there is a rom called "rage rom" and it only support cdma. but i and many of my friends want to use this rom and we r gsm razr users. so here is my question: how to make gsm patch for this rom.

here is the rom :

The person that makes most of the GSM patches is HSD-Pilot. He is a Mod for his own forum in Germany. He is also a member here as well. I believe he modifies code that originally came from dhacker or so I think....

#3 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

The code has been modified by several different people over the android updates. The latest update was by artur0588 for .16 JB. For the .16 Jellybean you just need to flash a modified build.prop which has changes that are made specifically for GSM phones. This is on top of what you need to do to run CDMA ROMs (saving your radios, etc). I know xda has threads on this. Your best bet would be to look there, or hope HSD sees this :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#4 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

In fact I knew I saw it posted, just not sure why its not the same here.....will ask next time hes in the chatroom.

He posted it on XDA:

EDIT: just noticed it says coming soon.

#5 monkteo

monkteo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'm really interested in how to make a GSM patch.
HSD-Pilot can help us or Boris?

#6 chelseafcfan

chelseafcfan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationindonesia
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

I just realized that many XT912 Roms were made for CDMA while I use my XT912 in GSM network...

gonna wait a little bit more before flashing to new Rom

#7 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

In fact I knew I saw it posted, just not sure why its not the same here.....will ask next time hes in the chatroom.

He posted it on XDA:

EDIT: just noticed it says coming soon.

GSM version of Rage will be available sometime 4/6/2013

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#8 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

If you want to know how to make a GSM patch, you can PM me and I'll talk you through it. Or I can write a "how to."

P.S. I only know how to make them for JB .8 & .16.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#9 chelseafcfan

chelseafcfan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationindonesia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

just curious,
what will happen if I installed GSM patch on my XT912?
I realized that JB stock ROM is based on CDMA network also but it can be used on other country (outside US) for GSM network

any advise?

#10 monkteo

monkteo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

If you want to know how to make a GSM patch, you can PM me and I'll talk you through it. Or I can write a "how to."

P.S. I only know how to make them for JB .8 & .16.

@ZKK007 - if you can please do a how to do it [will be a big help]

just curious,
what will happen if I installed GSM patch on my XT912?
I realized that JB stock ROM is based on CDMA network also but it can be used on other country (outside US) for GSM network

any advise?

@chelseafc fan - having XT912 [CDMA] to be used in the GSM system you need a patch [and you can not put a GSM rom on a CDMA phone]

#11 chelseafcfan

chelseafcfan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationindonesia

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

@chelseafc fan - having XT912 [CDMA] to be used in the GSM system you need a patch [and you can not put a GSM rom on a CDMA phone]

Hi Monkteo,
thanks for ur advise.
since I owned XT912 a few days ago I never used it on CDMA network. Running ICS stock ROM then upgraded to JB via OTA works just fine on GSM network. (no rooted or so ever)

I get really curios, so I try the Rage ROM that Bigdaddyhicks made

(in case any one wanna try it) 'cause I assume it use Stock ROM JB (via OTA) it will have the same kernel and all behavior.

I just flash it to my phone and I can testify that it wont need any GSM patch 'cause it work flawlessly on GSM network. (tested with data, text, and voice)
Maybe because I'm out of US area the GSM work fine...and if anyone wanna try it on US area I assume it will be locked by Veri*on.

I read on GSMARENA.com, that XT912 have capability to run on cdma and gsm network (single on) and I already tested that it's true

Please advise if this is wrong.

#12 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

@ZKK007 - if you can please do a how to do it [will be a big help]

There you go!
  • monkteo likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#13 neoXank

neoXank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorla Droid Razr XT912, Motorola Razr HD XT925

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi Monkteo,

thanks for ur advise.

since I owned XT912 a few days ago I never used it on CDMA network. Running ICS stock ROM then upgraded to JB via OTA works just fine on GSM network. (no rooted or so ever)

I get really curios, so I try the Rage ROM that Bigdaddyhicks made

(in case any one wanna try it) 'cause I assume it use Stock ROM JB (via OTA) it will have the same kernel and all behavior.

I just flash it to my phone and I can testify that it wont need any GSM patch 'cause it work flawlessly on GSM network. (tested with data, text, and voice)

Maybe because I'm out of US area the GSM work fine...and if anyone wanna try it on US area I assume it will be locked by Veri*on.

I read on GSMARENA.com, that XT912 have capability to run on cdma and gsm network (single on) and I already tested that it's true

Please advise if this is wrong.

You're absolutely right.
Since the ICS update, XT912 can be used on both gsm and cdma networks.However Verizon added a layer of security which means you cannot use it on US GSM networks.

And another glitch is that the ROMs based on AOSP doesn't incorporate the gsm+cdma abilities yet so with those you need some kind of patch..

Sent From Tapatalk 2
  • chelseafcfan likes this

#14 WackyJoe

WackyJoe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, U.S.A.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

You're absolutely right.
Since the ICS update, XT912 can be used on both gsm and cdma networks.However Verizon added a layer of security which means you cannot use it on US GSM networks.

And another glitch is that the ROMs based on AOSP doesn't incorporate the gsm+cdma abilities yet so with those you need some kind of patch..

Sent From Tapatalk 2

I'm running on latest Rage Rom...I have 2 phones, one is as is with the GSM Rage Rom.

The other I applied the RageRom v2 GSM Patch...

On both I cannot get GSM signal here in the U.S. with ACTIVE T-Mobile SIM.

(Yes, I've tried all types of setting combos, maybe I'm doing something wrong?)

This extra layer of protection of not allowing it on U.S. GSM Networks that you mention, does anyone know how to bypass this protection?

#15 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

These GSM patches are for making a US CDMA phone work on a Foreign GSM carrier. Its not gonna work in the US.

#16 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hopefully some people have found this patch handy. I've been in NZ and Australia using Aviator Blur ROM and haven't had to use a patch at all since the XT912 is unlocked for global use.

But as stated in the OP, this is intended to make XT912 ROMs run on the XT910 phone :)

Sent from the Aviator ROM's Captain's seat.

bWyLE9l.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users