8 replies to this topic

#1 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

I've heard an argument (discussion) both ways, but which one is the best to freeze bloatware? My real question, is it better to have TB free and BF, or TB Pro and just one app in stead 2? Thanks in advance!!

#2 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

just for argument, you can always throw in rom toolbox pro. (5 dollars) and it has app manager in it that allows you to freeze

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#3 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

just for argument, you can always throw in rom toolbox pro. (5 dollars) and it has app manager in it that allows you to freeze

So are you saying, you prefer rom toolbox pro. It looks pretty impressive ! Is the reason that I haven't heard of it is because of the cost( a whole $6 less a penny) :) ? It may save a little on battery too!

#4 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Wow. it has gone up. But its still cheaper than TiBu.
Too me its well worth the money. I mainly use the app manager and root browser, both are alternatives for TiBu and Root browser (respectfully)
And i also use the add blocker.

Also if you have trouble with it, email jrummy....he normally responds pretty quick and will help you out as much as possible.

The only reason why I still have TiBu is because i paid for it.

This is just my opinion on the subject. :D
  • Turtle likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#5 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Well, I'm a TiBu hater you can call me... worthless app that causes nothing but problems. I bought bloat freezer for 99cents when it was still on the market. Now its free, and I still prefer it. Have never had a single problem with it. To each his own I guess.

#6 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Wow. it has gone up. But its still cheaper than TiBu.
Too me its well worth the money. I mainly use the app manager and root browser, both are alternatives for TiBu and Root browser (respectfully)
And i also use the add blocker.

Also if you have trouble with it, email jrummy....he normally responds pretty quick and will help you out as much as possible.

The only reason why I still have TiBu is because i paid for it.

This is just my opinion on the subject. :D

Thanks, for the info ! That will help with the decision I have to make. Probably spend that 6 bucks :)

Well, I'm a TiBu hater you can call me... worthless app that causes nothing but problems. I bought bloat freezer for 99cents when it was still on the market. Now its free, and I still prefer it. Have never had a single problem with it. To each his own I guess.

I have bloat freezer also and does a good job just want to consolidate and maybe save a little battery at the same time. It's (my Razr) a little bit of a battery hoggggg.

#7 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

I have TiBu, I purchased it when I had my Evo 4G, sometimes its good but it causes a lot of problems for people. If you don't mind spending the little bit extra I'd go with ROM Toolbox. It has pretty much every root tool combined into one app. File explorer, ad blocker, app manager, scripter.. and it has performance and appearence tweaks as well. But, like with any root action, make sure you have a current backup and everything before you try a new one. You never know what your phone or ROM will love or hate. Ask raijin32 about the notification background incident. :P

#8 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

rom tool box all the way
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#9 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

I have bought and paid for both TiBu and RTB and I still use them both... TiBu for backups and freezing, and RTB for root browsing, icon/font changing, CPU sliders, etc... I love them both and I probably will continue to use both at the same time.... they are well worth what they cost IMHO, and the developers seem to update them both relatively often. Btw I still like using TiBu for it update to drop box feature... if I want to erase my SD card for a new rom or just to clear it out, I can always restore my apps... I also love how I can get my saved game data when I root a new phone....

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users