#41 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

NEXUS 7 RAFFLE -
to show support for your home away from home DroidRzr.com

Nexus 7 - Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, 7" 10-finger Multi-Touch, NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.2GHz, 1GB Memory, 32GB Storage, WiFi, Webcam -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Here's how it will work, starting TODAY (04-04-13 10:00am PDT) until 12:00 Noon PDT 04-10-13, for anyone who donates to DROIDRZR.com in that time period, they will get a chance at the prize.

IN FACT, every $5 's of donation is a chance (example - Joe donates $15 so 3 entries - there were a total of $75 in donations, so Joe's chance is 1 in 5 ( here's the math $15/5 = 3 , $75/5 = 15 -- 3:15 or simply 1 in 5)

The winner will be drawn at random from the pool of donors using Randompicker.com once the raffle is closed and all the donations are verified.

RULES ~ (Read them, they are important!)

1. You must donate to DroidRzr between the time & dates listed. Here's the donate link -

2. You MUST, must, must post a reply stating that you have made a donation, what the amount was AND that you want to be included in the raffle.

3. Have fun !

Item will ship the day the contest closes via USPS Priority mail.

NOTE - I am only a member. This prize and contest is done by me (livinginkaos). DroidRzr is not affiliated with this contest or its prizes in any manner. They are just the messenger.......

Can you elaborate o where the money will go and how it will be used?

#42 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

That is a question for the DroidRzr Admin's . I do know that supporting a website is not free and the more bandwidth you use, the more moola it can consume. I'll see if I can get someone to better address your question.

Edit - I was reminded that it does state the following right on the donation page (In the blue bar below the donation spot) -

These donations are so we can support development of the Droid Razr. Along with the donation we will donate 1 dollar for every 10 to Make a Wish Foundation. Funds are also used for site maintenance, site software and server support. Thank you for supporting DroidRzr.com

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#43 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

That is a question for the DroidRzr Admin's . I do know that supporting a website is not free and the more bandwidth you use, the more moola it can consume. I'll see if I can get someone to better address your question.

I have a topic in the Mod section bringing this up. We will release the info after we have come to a decision.

Thanks to livinginkaos for the Raffle and all you fine peeps that have donated!! :D
  • livinginkaos likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#44 retRon

retRon

Freebird

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
  • LocationAZ
  • Current Device(s):Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 (Thanks KAOS)

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Just donated $10.00 and would like to be added to the raffle, thanks KAOS!

#45 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationNorth Suburbs Chicago
  • Current Device(s):Moto X

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Donated $25. Please enter me in the raffle. Been meaning to donate since I used the HOB to root my phone so I could get free hot spot access on my Bionic.

#46 Coolloser

Coolloser

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanaduh
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD XT925, Atrix 4G, Nexus 7

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

$25 from me. If I win I will donate my Nexus 7 16gig to a dev.

#47 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm concerned that in some states (including mine), this would be considered online gambling...which is a legal issue.

#48 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

As stated where you donate,

"These donations are so we can support development of the Droid Razr. Along with the donation we will donate 1 dollar for every 10 to Make a Wish Foundation. Funds are also used for site maintenance, site software and server support. Thank you for supporting DroidRzr.com"

As for exactly what, at that exact time on whats needed, that would be something the site owner would have to answer,

Note: This is not something Admins had setup on this donation today, this was all one member who is being very generous..

Thank You,
Satman

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#49 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

I'm concerned that in some states (including mine), this would be considered online gambling...which is a legal issue.

Donating to a site isn't illegal and neither is getting entered into a raffle.

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

#50 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

How is a raffle Gambling? He is Raffling off his own personal toy for his own cause..

My understanding is that raffles or sweepstakes, wherein money is risked in hopes of winning something, are viewed in a very different way legally than pure donations where we just give the site our $$ expecting nothing in return.

Online sweepstakes have been a big deal in my state, lots of folks arrested etc.

Not complaining at all here, but thought those who own the site might want to make sure everything is copacetic.

..not sure what happens elsewhere or if it matters here

#51 JustAGuy

JustAGuy

This is only a test

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts
  • LocationSouthern New Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Z300M, Nexus 7

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Why does it seem like I'm being mocked for wanting a pet platypus?
I have great aspirations of breeding platyraptors as both pets as well as a food source. Bacon in, high dollar delicacy out! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mock you not. I have a pair of mating platypus. Maybe we can set up a play date. They love bacon and cheese.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Pixel 2 XL, Pixel XL, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 7,  Samsung GS3, Bionic, OG Droid, SCH-i760, a flip phone or two, and a few others.

#52 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

If participating in a raffle in your locality is illegal, then please by all means. Do not participate. We would never want anyone to do anything they feel uncomfortable with or are concerned with it's legality. It is not possible to make something like this fall within the guidlines of every state/country. It would just be too hard. So again please, if you know participating in this is not legal in your locality, don't do it.

This was actually discussed and addressed by the site owner in the past

• FastKatt, clydei and soocold like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#53 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

$25 donated and i want to be in the contest!
Posted Image

#54 LudwigRocker

LudwigRocker

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

I donated $5.00 for the raffle. Nexus rules!

#55 silvrbullt1

silvrbullt1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:giantram25@gmail.com
  • LocationSeattle
  • Current Device(s):droid razr, xoom wifi

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Donated 25 well spent monies! For the nexus raffle!

#56 ewangw

ewangw

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationKing George, VA
  • Current Device(s):AT&T Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Donated $15 for the raffle. Please add me and send me that lovely Nexus......Think I got ahead of myself there.

What thing happens once every minute

Twice every moment

But never once in a hundred thousand years.

#57 Spnnall4

Spnnall4

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationRichlands, NC
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Nexus 7

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Donated $25 for the raffle.

#58 Sabres032

Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Kaos, I won't be able to donate this time due to blowing through my disposable cash for glasses and paying federal taxes. Next time, eh.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#59 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Kaos, I won't be able to donate this time due to blowing through my disposable cash for glasses and paying federal taxes. Next time, eh.

No sweat! Totally your call and life comes first, that's for sure. They'll be other chances in the future!
  • Sabres032 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#60 Mr. HQ

Mr. HQ

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Donated $10 for the raffle. If I win the Nexus 7, I'll donate another $25.

Great thing helping out the Make-A-Wish foundation with some of the donation money. Very nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users