How To Root Your Xyboard

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Got a XYBOARD ? Want to root it? well it's as easy as 1 2 3 . Thanks to Dan Rosenberg, from over at the VulunFactory. This method has been known to work on any moto tablet running Gingerbread or Honeycomb.

To root your tablet, install Motorola ADB drivers if on Windows, put the device in USB debugging mode, connect via USB, extract the zip file, and execute “run.bat” (on Windows) or “run.sh” from a terminal (on Linux/OSX).

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

1.75MB   19 downloads

1.47MB   1 downloads

#2 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Want a Xyboard and defiantly will root it when my broke butt finally gets one. lmao

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#3 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Want a Xyboard and defiantly will root it when my broke butt finally gets one. lmao

My mom has one, maybe I'll steal it from her for a little bit and play with it :D

#4 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

Wanting to dump my super old og xoom for this also. Imo price is a lil high with competition out there, but i know ill brake down eventually and get it.
Seriously the smaller 8inch size appeals to my needs and use.

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#5 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

Wanting to dump my super old og xoom for this also. Imo price is a lil high with competition out there, but i know ill brake down eventually and get it.
Seriously the smaller 8inch size appeals to my needs and use.

even though there's not much development for the xybored, I still love mine. I got the 8.2 and could not be more happy. The screen rez is amazing its fast and minimal bloat. It fits in my back pocket still and i use it to type up bids witg the keyboard dock and i have a printer in the work van that i wireless print to. If you need a tab for practical use i recommend this tab over the rest. JMO of course, but hey what do i no :)

#6 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

Just out of curiosity, did you have og xoom, or played with one? Is it comparable, equal, greater?

Posted Image

#7 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Just out of curiosity, did you have og xoom, or played with one? Is it comparable, equal, greater?

My cousin has a xoom and ive flashed stuff for him and played with it. Hardware wise the xyboard is nex gen better. Now Development wise. It has a locked bootloader so i dont need to go on about that. All around it depends on what your needs and uses are.

#8 Ghostface

Ghostface

Giggling Carebare From the land of Jelly Beans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIn your Mommy's bed. Your dad is looking at me funny though.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

My cousin has a xoom and ive flashed stuff for him and played with it. Hardware wise the xyboard is nex gen better. Now Development wise. It has a locked bootloader so i dont need to go on about that. All around it depends on what your needs and uses are.

How the heck is the xyboardy any better than the Xoom hardware wise...huh? I don't get it. I have a Xoom and the Xyboard has a locked boot loader. There is not much you can do on it so development wise the Xoom should win just as much as the xyboardy in the hardware dept.

The Xoom has a mini USB and a slot for sdcard. Xyboardy...you need a dock station to have USB.and no slot available for sdcard. Beat that!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#9 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

How the heck is the xyboardy any better than the Xoom hardware wise...huh? I don't get it. I have a Xoom and the Xyboard has a locked boot loader. There is not much you can do on it so development wise the Xoom should win just as much as the xyboardy in the hardware dept.

The Xoom has a mini USB and a slot for sdcard. Xyboardy...you need a dock station to have USB.and no slot available for sdcard. Beat that!

Um I was just stating my opinion. The xyboard has a HDMI and removable SD card. Just for the record. I would take a XOOM over my xyboard.

#10 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

I should have my Xyboard on Tuesday! I can't wait

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#11 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Dirty, i looked @ a xyboard @ vzw the other day and their floor models didnt have sd. The rep walked up and i asked about it b cause i thought the media one did. He said theirs didnt and it was killing it. Is there another model with sd?
I love my xoom, but a smaller 7 r 8 inch is just more practical for me.

As always, thanks in advance

Posted Image

#12 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

I finally got my xyboard 8.2 wifi today and so far i love it. I am a little disappointed that the boot animation is not the same as the Verizon version and the sweet box it comes it from Verizon was not what this came in. But i can change the boot animation once i root this baby lol. I may have to find someone willing to sell a 8.2 box though haha

Sent from my Droid Xyboard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users