Photo

Need Java Help for Work Website

java html coding

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Staf_in_Wah

Staf_in_Wah

Protecting our Libraries from the Zombie Apocalypse!!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  • Twitter:darthbiblia
  • LocationIowa
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7 Pr0, TicwatchPro 3, Huawei MediaPad M5

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

I have a website issue and am hoping that maybe somebody can help me. I tried putting a couple of widgets on our library's website that pulls information from our card catalog. It displays fine when on a page alone. I wanted the two of them on a webpage together, though. It doubles the results when there are two to a page. I figured this out when trying to fix it I added a third and it tripled them. So, I think I've identified the problem, I just can't figure out how to fix it. I would imagine that there has to be a way to shut off one or both of the tags. Anybody willing to take a look at the code and see what I've done wrong?

Thank you!

Attached Files

a girl has no sig

#2 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

What's the website URL? I think, though, you'll also want to share the Javascript and preferably pages code since it's sort of different from what user sees.

If you're using a content mgt system (wordpress, for instance) just the code for the widget will suffice--but the "fix" won't likely be as simple (if possible) because the actual code is actually stored on a site we can't actually get to.

I may be way off base or you may know all that already... The site hosting the widget may already have a fix for folks who want to use multiple widgets. (Perhaps embed one in an inframe widget if cms allows that?)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#3 Staf_in_Wah

Staf_in_Wah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

What's the website URL? I think, though, you'll also want to share the Javascript and preferably pages code since it's sort of different from what user sees. If you're using a content mgt system (wordpress, for instance) just the code for the widget will suffice--but the "fix" won't likely be as simple (if possible) because the actual code is actually stored on a site we can't actually get to. I may be way off base or you may know all that already... The site hosting the widget may already have a fix for folks who want to use multiple widgets. (Perhaps embed one in an inframe widget if cms allows that?) Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The widget was offered by the library software and the company hasn't been much help. I suspect that I'm the first one to try doing this.

This is the website address:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

n the menu at the top, I have different pages with the recently returned and new items widgets on them. Some are horizontal and some are vertical. It will double/triple/etc them either way if there are multiple on one page. It's my test website. I've not added it to the live version.

This is for the recently returned...

<div style="line-height:0px; height:0px; font-size:0pt;"></div> <div class="infoadvancedfLinkDiv" style="overflow: hidden;">
<script type="text/javascript" src="

</script>
<TABLE apollo_feed="recent_in:max=5:vertical:minimal=2:only_available=0">
<TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>
</div>

This is for the new items...

<div style="line-height:0px; height:0px; font-size:0pt;"></div> <div class="infoadvancedfLinkDiv" style="overflow: hidden;">
<script type="text/javascript" src="

</script>
<TABLE apollo_feed="recent_added:days_back=10:max=5:vertical:minimal=1">
<TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>
</div>

Thanks a bunch!

a girl has no sig

#4 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

You don't need to include the <script> twice. The reason it's doubling is because you have two apollo_feeds.js. I'd suggest try removing one of them, and preferably throw that <script> into your <head> tag, where it should be.

Cheers
  • Staf_in_Wah likes this

#5 Staf_in_Wah

Staf_in_Wah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

You don't need to include the <script> twice. The reason it's doubling is because you have two apollo_feeds.js. I'd suggest try removing one of them, and preferably throw that <script> into your <head> tag, where it should be.

Cheers

Worked perfectly! Thank you :)

a girl has no sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users