• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Langer6431

Langer6431

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, still pretty new to this whole deal. I have been running the stock .16 deodexed rom from droidrzr.com for the past 3 days. I have installed beats audio, 4.2 camera, AOSP lockscreen and Tweakzv6 to the rom. Would any of those cause Android OS to skyrocket to 63% of battery drain? my phone has been on for roughly 10 hours and when I click on Android OS it says cpu total is 5 hours and 39 minutes and keep awake is 1 hour and 25 minutes. The really strange thing is my screen has only been on for 1 hour and 46 minutes. What is going on with my phone?

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Sounds like an app running in the background that is easting up OS time. Im not familiar with Tweakzv6 so not sure what it is. Look back and see what apps you have downloaded. See if there is one that you have downloaded when you starting noticing the battery drain.
  • The Persuader likes this

#3 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

Sounds like an app running in the background that is easting up OS time. Im not familiar with Tweakzv6 so not sure what it is. Look back and see what apps you have downloaded. See if there is one that you have downloaded when you starting noticing the battery drain.

As Tmy mentioned...Its definitely Apps running in the background...In addition, It could be Widgets as well...they really raise hell with your Battery...

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#4 disturbed58

disturbed58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

Check the status of google maps, when I notice that "keep awake" is running high, its been maps lately.

#5 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

I have been using an app called Greenify from the Play store. It will hibernate running apps, until you actually launch them.

I also use Tasker and Lux. Lux controls display, and Tasker, well it can do just about anything.

#6 pistacio

pistacio

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Locationsoutheast MA
  • Current Device(s):XT926 Razr Maxx HD, Xoom, Nexus 7 (car install)

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

I have been using an app called Greenify from the Play store. It will hibernate running apps, until you actually launch them.

I also use Tasker and Lux. Lux controls display, and Tasker, well it can do just about anything.

+1 for greenify. It has helped my bionic tremendously. It cannot hibernate system apps though. I converted Maps to a user app with titanium backup, then added it to the hibernate list.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#7 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

The better battery stats app should be able to pinpoint what is keeping your phone awake

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

#8 Langer6431

Langer6431

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

I have not really downloaded anything new recently. I turned off location reporting for Google maps but it's still just as high as ever. I'm going to try greenery for a day to see if it goes down. If it goes down how will I figure out what is eating up all the battery?

#9 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

I have not really downloaded anything new recently. I turned off location reporting for Google maps but it's still just as high as ever. I'm going to try greenery for a day to see if it goes down. If it goes down how will I figure out what is eating up all the battery?

see my post right above yours

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

#10 Langer6431

Langer6431

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

Some how doing a battery calibration seemed to fix it. I`ll wait a day or two and check back with some battery stats.

#11 Langer6431

Langer6431

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

I think I finally found the problem app, it was clock 4.2. Uninstalled it and my android os usage has basically stalled at 37%, much better than it peaking at 67%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users