pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

To start off-
I am on the RAZR M, with unlocked boot loader, twrp 2.4, running eclipse 1.2. Previously I was running flying jelly 1.1. Cleaned flashed between the two, mounted system before flashing both.

I am having issues with memory on my phone. Any time I try to download a link via chrome, it fails with a a quick toast message saying no SD card. To get around that, I used dolphin mini and changed the download directory to SD card 1 (external SD card). No problems there. I've noticed all the pictures in my gallery are just black. Also, when I try to unmount my SD card, my phone does a quick reboot. Wtf? Is It possible I did something wrong in twrp when I was trying to flash my ROM? Did I somehow switch my internal and external memory? Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance to anyone with any ideas!

#2 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

ive been having a problem where my phone will reboot without me knowing and it stays in unlocked bootloader screen untill i force it to reboot again

#3 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

I did a complete fresh start from the ground up. Deleted the contents of my SD card, erased and formatted my internal memory, did a fast boot, rerouted and reinstalled twrp, and things are going smooth now. I have full access to my internal and external storage, ROMs are flashing, etc.. something was goofy in there, but I flushed and flashed back to good working order. Haha

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#4 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

i think mine had something to do with cm10 because im on energy rom right now and it has not rebooted any

#5 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

We'll see. Haha. I'm on cm10 now with no issues at all. :-)

#6 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

I think it all depends on how cleanly you flashed. I am running Flying Jelly right now, and am having the same issues you had with thumbnails not showing in my galley. However, I am not having the storage issues. I might try a clean flash, as the Flying Jelly I'm running was a previous SS backup. I don't think it will need a fastboot, if I do a complete wipe in TWRP, but we'll see.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#7 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

I had issues there, like you, and I always do a full set of wipes, and never restore apps with tb or any other program. I like to start fresh and clean every time. I had the issue on flying jelly, and also on eclipse. Them after having the issue I tried to restore the stock backup I had made with twrp right after a fresh fastboot , and the stock back up had the same issue, but worse. It wouldn't even see my SD card for the gallery or MMS. I could navigate all the files on it just fine using a file browser though. It was weird as hell. I figured I had an issue somewhere with storage and the way they mount up, almost like my internal and external were somehow swapped, because every time I would unmoint the SD card, I would get a quick reboot. It didn't make sense to me. So I cleaned up my internal storage, cleared out mg SD card, did another fast boot, rerouted, reinstalled twrp, and flashed cm10 and I'm having no issues whatsoever. Whatever was hosing me up before is gone now, and I actually enjoy starting from scratch when I flash a new ROM. So I'm all smiles now. Haba

#8 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

You are saying "reroute", I assume you mistyped and meant "reroot" after fastbooting. I'm going to try everything, up to fastboot, and see how that goes. I'm thinking some of the issues stem from how SafeStrap mounts the system. When we delete SS and all the slots, I'm betting that the internal system is not left completely stock, and that's what we need for us to able to flash clean. I have files on my external SD, so I'll pull those to the computer, and then completely wipe that also. I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm stuck at work right now, so I don't have the ability to do all this work on the phone.
  • neckchop likes this

#9 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

You are saying "reroute", I assume you mistyped and meant "reroot" after fastbooting. I'm going to try everything, up to fastboot, and see how that goes. I'm thinking some of the issues stem from how SafeStrap mounts the system. When we delete SS and all the slots, I'm betting that the internal system is not left completely stock, and that's what we need for us to able to flash clean. I have files on my external SD, so I'll pull those to the computer, and then completely wipe that also. I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm stuck at work right now, so I don't have the ability to do all this work on the phone.

After you deleted safe strap there a still some ss files on internal SD did you delete those also? That's what I did and have not had any of the issues you guys have had. Also all my backups are on external.
  • neckchop likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#10 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

After you deleted safe strap there a still some ss files on internal SD did you delete those also? That's what I did and have not had any of the issues you guys have had. Also all my backups are on external.

Yes, I deleted everything associated with SS, and I've always saved my backups to my external. I think I'm just going to call it a day and fastboot back to stock, restore root, and re-flash TWRP like Neckchop did, that way I know 100% that everything is good. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
  • neckchop likes this

#11 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

NP and goodluck
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#12 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

FYI folks as I have a Dev Edition M. The issue is the 2.4TWRP recovery depending on what was installed before you flashed that recovery. Not saying that 2.4 is the problem i thinks its a problem of flashing 2.4 over the old stuff and not a clean install of the stock SW. I was going nuts for a few days after I updated TWRP on my M about a month ago. Finally ended up fastbooting back to stock and starting over with a FRESH flash of TWRP and problem solved.

That said if you are having sdcard or meme issue only option I have found to clean it up is fastboot back to stock and start completely fresh.
  • neckchop, RikRong and shane1 like this

#13 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

FYI folks as I have a Dev Edition M. The issue is the 2.4TWRP recovery depending on what was installed before you flashed that recovery. Not saying that 2.4 is the problem i thinks its a problem of flashing 2.4 over the old stuff and not a clean install of the stock SW. I was going nuts for a few days after I updated TWRP on my M about a month ago. Finally ended up fastbooting back to stock and starting over with a FRESH flash of TWRP and problem solved.

That said if you are having sdcard or meme issue only option I have found to clean it up is fastboot back to stock and start completely fresh.

Thanks, this is the kind of input I was looking for. The issues only arose after I flashed TWRP. The first ROM I flashed, Flying Jelly, was with CWM. Then I converted over to TWRP and that's when problems ensued. Looks like FB it is. ;)

#14 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

I was having problems restoring on twrp 2.4 so I went back to 2.3 and it works great

• neckchop likes this

#15 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Everything is good with Fastboot, root and recovery reinstalled. It is interesting, though, that my external sd is only 2gb, it's a 32gb card. I've formatted and mounted/unmounted. Looks like it might be time for a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users