21 replies to this topic

#1 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

So a few days ago my battery started draining extremely fast and i cant seem to figure it out. It drains almost completely dead by the end of one day. Ive tried flashing backing to stock, wiping battery stats, and its definitely not an app. The only thing ive noticed in the battery information is that rild or android os start to take up up battery power for a bit but when i check later after some use it goes to the bottom of the list. Please help. This sucks

#2 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

I updated three or four of my apps yesterday, including Handcent, TiBackup, and possibly Beautiful widgets - and my battery that normally goes all day until bedtime with 30-40% left, suddenly was in the red by 6pm... I rebooted the phone and I'll see how long it goes today. This is a non Maxx Razr, running 2.3.6...

#3 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

What's your screen on time?

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk

#4 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

My screen on time is minimal. Maybe a hour and a half to 2. Its just sitting in my pocket at work all day and it still drains heavily. In comparison, i had my battery lasting almost 3 days up until this week. :unsure:

#5 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

Also downloaded "where's my droid power" and it didnt offer any new information

Ps: "rild" accounts for 60% of my battery use. What is that?

#6 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

my guess is a app that's doing it. Do a full wipe run stock for a day if you have same results you could have a bad battery .

#7 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

my guess is a app that's doing it. Do a full wipe run stock for a day if you have same results you could have a bad battery .

Well i have a hard time believing its an app because i have been using the same apps from the beginning. After some google searches i found many people have had the same issue and it apparently can be solved by letting the battery run down almost all the way and then turning it off and charging until 100%. Gonna give that a try tonight. Thanks for the input. I do appreciate it

#8 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

also make sure you go to accounts and turn off auto sync on features you dont need. make sure you arent just hanging on 4g.. and all that jazz.

run stock with just the base stuff yiou need and see if theres any improvement
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#9 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

also make sure you go to accounts and turn off auto sync on features you dont need. make sure you arent just hanging on 4g.. and all that jazz.<br /><br />run stock with just the base stuff yiou need and see if theres any improvement

<br /><br />Yeah I've been using android for quite a while, aka not a noob, and I've tried all the usual tricks. Im not in a 4g area so i always turn it off. Thanks for the ideas though. Hoping that the suggestion i found earlier works out and I will report back.

Edit: Yeesh i just read this back and it sounds like I'm a shlong. Didn't mean no harm

#10 jpm

jpm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Could be your battery isn't really draining that quickly but for some reason the phone thinks it is because the battery stats got somehow corrupted. Try resetting your battery stats along with your turning off & recharging idea.

#11 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

Quick update

Was only able to charge it up to 70% because i needed to turn it on before bed ( alarm ). It seemed to help a bit and i hope to try again tonight.

#12 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

Well, No luck.

I could not be more bummed. Only had this phone for a month and now its battery life is worse than my d1. I miss my d1

#13 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

There is no way your battery should be this bad.
Start from stock with no extra apps and let it run for a full battery cycle, then report back. I would bet you have an app that is eating the battery. My Razr Maxx will go 16 hours with pretty decent usage before it even gets to 50%.

#14 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

Well I have a lot of doubts of it being an app. Like I said, I have been using the same apps since I got the phone a month ago. I just was on stock a few days ago and had the same issues. I did not let it go through a full cycle though. Oh and does going into fastboot and flashing as opposed to rsd lite acheive the same result?

And I used to make it almost 3 days on a single charge if i really wanted to. So i definitely know its capabilities and would love to get back to that, its why I bought this phone.

#15 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

If you do moto-fastboot like with Matts Utility, then I think that achieves the same result as RSD. But I'm not sure, I have not used RSD.
I don't think the point that you "have been using the same apps" is valid. One of them could have updated, or maybe become corrupted somehow?
Until you try it without them, I would not rule them out.

#16 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

I have never really thought of it that way. Thanks. I will resist my temptations for a couple days. Fastbooting as we speak

#17 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Good luck. :)

#18 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Well I couldn't fight the beast haha. Fastbooted to .173 and then saw the ICS leak....

Needless to say I'm running that but battery life has improved and I took your advice and am watching what I install app-wise closely. But as I said its improved quite a bit and I hope I'm on my way back to normal after a power cycle or two. Thanks again

#19 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Well somewhere along the way my battery fixed itself. Couldn't be happier.

#20 jpm

jpm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

ICS probably cleared the battery stats and started over from scratch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users