• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Does anyone have the Stock Kernel that i can flash through twrp. Not used to this after safestrap..

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

How did you bork your stock kernel already? My suggestion is to download

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

from the SBF developers, extract them and then manually flash them. Note: this is NOT flashable through recovery, someone would need to write an updater script for it. But it CAN be flashed via Fastboot with the commands:

That will replace your current kernel (granted your're on Android 4.1.2) with the stock kernel. But still, where the heck did you get your hands on a custom kernel to be in this position in the first place :P?
  • johnpaul12 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Sorry just got too excited and flashed away :(

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Sorry just got too excited and flashed away :(

What did you flash? Im not aware of any custom kernels that you could have even done this in the first place? Please fill me in. I'm trying to help you out as Im confused how you got into this place. Perhaps we're talking about different things?
  • zooyork0721 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#5 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

I installed the 10.1 from Hashcode. I figured my safestrap backup would suffice...and it didn't lol. I love you guys!

#6 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Sorry i'm responding before even reloading. I was used to safestrap with the rom-slots to test and try out roms. When installed Hashcode's 10.1 ROM it replaced my kernel. I was trying to reinstall my old backup but it wasn't working. Went through the QnA's and it said that i replaced the Kernel and now need the boot.img which i couldn't find in my backup. So now i'm here. From what you gave me it should work.

#7 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Sorry i'm responding before even reloading. I was used to safestrap with the rom-slots to test and try out roms. When installed Hashcode's 10.1 ROM it replaced my kernel. I was trying to reinstall my old backup but it wasn't working. Went through the QnA's and it said that i replaced the Kernel and now need the boot.img which i couldn't find in my backup. So now i'm here. From what you gave me it should work.

To be honest, at this point, we are in the position that the Nexus device folks are in. Using RSD lite and a zipped FZX file from the SBF developers, OR manually flashing fastboot files to restore your phone to factory status and then going through the reroot process. I would wait with this though PLEASE til someone like Matt weighs in as I am not sure if flashing full FXZ files can affect ur bootloader and its unlocked status. I'm sorry, as I do not have this device. Perhaps he, or someone else with more experienced than me can weigh in. remember if you will, Im working blind.
  • johnpaul12 likes this

#8 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'm not sure if it'll be the same with all the recently unlocked devices, but I have done a full restore four times now on my M using matts utility It didn't relock the boot loader, however, it did unroot me and replace twrp with the stock moto recovery. The first time through was a little nerve wracking and tense, but I wanted to see if it would work. Trial by fire I guess. I'm sure eventually someone will try it on an HD, but it definitely works just fine on the M.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • tucstwo and livinginkaos like this

#9 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm not sure if it'll be the same with all the recently unlocked devices, but I have done a full restore four times now on my M using matts utility It didn't relock the boot loader, however, it did unroot me and replace twrp with the stock moto recovery. The first time through was a little nerve wracking and tense, but I wanted to see if it would work. Trial by fire I guess. I'm sure eventually someone will try it on an HD, but it definitely works just fine on the M.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Way to take one for the team. But yeah, it's my understanding that WE (the community) do not have the tools to relock the booloader.

#10 RedTerroR

RedTerroR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Its my understanding you CANNOT ever re-lock the boot loader.... Once a fuse is blown it is blown, no undo button!

The only risk would be a FXZ of a future build if Moto somehow built a change into that. But from what I understand, Moto isn't too bothered.

Artfully crafted from my Jelly Bean'd Bionic

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Its my understanding you CANNOT ever re-lock the boot loader.... Once a fuse is blown it is blown, no undo button!

The only risk would be a FXZ of a future build if Moto somehow built a change into that. But from what I understand, Moto isn't too bothered.

Artfully crafted from my Jelly Bean'd Bionic

Correct, Like I said. WE do not have the tools to relock it. But this does not mean Motorola doesn't. And we'd be fools to speculate or pretend that they could not figure out a way. So with that, the new Motorola montra should be "NEVER take an OTA...EVER!" Let the devs dig through them and build flashable roms that are friendly to our new situation.

#12 rad5229

rad5229

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Just wanted to weigh in and say that you can use the ZXF file and rsdlite to restore back to stock (FOR NOW) on the Moto RAZR HD (I have the MAXX HD). The boot-loader remains unlocked after. If you look towards the end of

thread, I did a little impromptu write up about it with a cool little trick I used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users