Photo

Safe strap?

Best Answer biggiesmalls657 , 24 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

You need to refresh the directory. Click the opposite storage and then click back where the storage contents of the backup is. I've had this issue but its just annoying but not bad. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

Okay so I have a question on safe strap. When I'm going into safe strap, how do I know what ROM slots I have open? Also if I wanna restore a ROM do I have to keep it installed on my phone? Or when I make a nandroid or backup is that enough?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

Okay so I have a question on safe strap. When I'm going into safe strap, how do I know what ROM slots I have open? Also if I wanna restore a ROM do I have to keep it installed on my phone? Or when I make a nandroid or backup is that enough?

*Slot will say Active in Safestrap
*when you do a Nandroid it will be in the Restore field to flash as your Backup...Yes keep on your phone

Its Bubba
" Stubborn In Your Bones"
~FlyingJelly~

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

Whichever slot is activated is the slot you have "open". You boot to safestrap and click on boot options. The colored slot it the one that's the one that's currently active. If you want to change to another slot, press on it and then press activate. Now that one will be active and any flashing you do will be done to that slot and only that slot. You can't have more than one active slot. Only one will be active at any given time.

As for restoring a rom, a backup is fine. You can make a backup of a given slot, then flash a new rom to that slot. If you decide you want to use the rom you had used before, simply restore the backup. Backups can be restored to any slot as long as the slot is large enough for the backup you're using. You don't necessarily have to restore it to the same slot it was on previously.

#4 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

That's a lot of memory lol isn't each slot 2 gigs? And how do I know if my stock slot works?

#5 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

You can make the slot the size you want it to be. I believe anywhere from 1-3 GBs. Obviously, if you make them 3 GB's, you won't be able to use 4 slots. Each slot will be larger than what you make them as there is additional overhead for the formatting and such. I believe Hashcode said they require an addition .8 GB's of space. So a 1GB slot would actually require 1.8 GB's of free space. I could be wrong on the additional space required as it's been a while since I read that but I believe that's the correct amount. So, if you use 2 GB's of space per slot, you probably can only use 3 slots instead of 4.

I just use 1 GB for each one. It's plenty of space for the apps I have and that's all that's really necessary. I haven't had a problem with that size yet but I suppose it depends on how many apps you have so it could be different for you.

As for your stock slot, it will work. Just activate another slot, then once you want to go back to stock, activate it and boot to it. However, don't flash anything to the stock slot. Flashing to the stock slot doesn't work very well for some reason and you'll more than likely just end up losing your stock slot. Leave it alone and play with the other slots. ;)

#6 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Nexus7

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

Using Safestrap11. Noticed that I constantly receive error regarding Superuser Binary requires update. I suspect prob is due to Superuser included in the Root method I used, and then when I added CM10.1 another superuser app (there are 2 of them in Playstore!) was preoaded and may have caused issue.
1. How can I fix this issue? I have contacted ddeveloper -no reponse from either Superuser app developer.
I read in forums that "perhaps" I should delete all Superuser apps on both sides of safestrap, Hmm? reading the workd PERHAPS makes me a bit nervous to do so. I need a bit more affirmation before I blow up the deal.
2. Also, noticing man claendar issues since installing Safestrap and switching to Kexec (via hash_code)Rom.

If u can offer any help, it's appreciated because this Superuser pop up is making me nuts...

#7 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

The superuser app on your stock side has nothing to do with the one on the CM10 slot. Neither one even knows the other exists. Deleting either one of them will just cause you to lose root on that rom. My guess is removing the one on the stock side would cause you to lose safestrap and the ability to boot to anything but stock. Leave them alone. They aren't the source of your problem.

My guess is that you need to boot to the stock side and update the binaries for superuser there. Could be wrong but that's where I'd start.

#8 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

The superuser app on your stock side has nothing to do with the one on the CM10 slot. Neither one even knows the other exists. Deleting either one of them will just cause you to lose root on that rom. My guess is removing the one on the stock side would cause you to lose safestrap and the ability to boot to anything but stock. Leave them alone. They aren't the source of your problem.

My guess is that you need to boot to the stock side and update the binaries for superuser there. Could be wrong but that's where I'd start.

Thanks. Exactly HOW would I know if I lost root.Cm10.1 is still functioning. Stock side appears OK, but how would I know if I did, in fact, lose root via uninstall.
Safestrap still allows me to boot to Rom and Stock. THANKS!

#9 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

Thanks. Exactly HOW would I know if I lost root.Cm10.1 is still functioning. Stock side appears OK, but how would I know if I did, in fact, lose root via uninstall.
Safestrap still allows me to boot to Rom and Stock. THANKS!

Look for the the Superuser Icon in your App Deskdraw...

Its Bubba
*Stubborn In Your Bones *

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#10 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Problem with Titanium Backup Pro on KEXEC CN10.1 Rom. Each time TB is started (in ROM) the following error appears:
Your systems settings may cause problems. To correct, go to Settings, Applications, andP allow USB Debugging.
I've searched every option in settings, and have enabled USB debugging in Stock many times, however I can't find it on this Rom.
Is it possible, that this settings not available on Roms? Im not a pro at this so I need help:-) Thanks.

#11 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

Usually found under Development

#12 DEPUTY

DEPUTY

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

In safestrap I made a backup of my stock rom and each slot rom. When I go to restore any of them they do not show up under the recovery screen in safestrap. what am i doing wrong? I want to restore my old slot 1 rom slot again.

#13 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

In safestrap I made a backup of my stock rom and each slot rom. When I go to restore any of them they do not show up under the recovery screen in safestrap. what am i doing wrong? I want to restore my old slot 1 rom slot again.

Not sure. When you make a backup in SS, the backup gets stored in the TWRP folder, which can be on the internal sdcard or the external sdcard (this is where I put them). When you go into Restore under SS, it should look to where you stored them.

Poke around with a File Manager and see if you can locate the TWRP folder(s) and see if files exist. 

#14 DEPUTY

DEPUTY

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

i have a folder on my sd card with all my backups, I can see them in there. Am I supposed to make the backup files in a zip or something. The backup folder shows empty when i try to restore.

select package to install

there is nothing listed here

#15 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

i have a folder on my sd card with all my backups, I can see them in there. Am I supposed to make the backup files in a zip or something. The backup folder shows empty when i try to restore.

Nope SS takes care of everything, so you appear to have an odd issue.

#16 biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Google+:biggiesmalls657@gmail.com
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:43 PM   Best Answer

You need to refresh the directory. Click the opposite storage and then click back where the storage contents of the backup is. I've had this issue but its just annoying but not bad.

#17 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

You need to refresh the directory. Click the opposite storage and then click back where the storage contents of the backup is. I've had this issue but its just annoying but not bad.

Whats funny is, that worked for him. However, when I do that, my backups disappear. Kind of odd....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users