• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#421 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

k so what should I do because it says that protected su copy is available and the system supports root protection (these are checked) device rooted and root permission granted remains unchecked but when I start it it says that it grants it permission...so idk

#422 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

I could give you a super secret method to restore it.  :)  But you need to uninstall any Superuser apps first.  No SuperSU, no Superuser, no Koush's Superuser.  Then if you edit my restore.bat file in the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic\root folder, at the top you'll see a line:

set root_bck=/system/usr/hob-need-root/su-backup

change it to:

set root_bck=/system/usr/we-need-root/su-backup

Then run the House of Bionic, go to the utility menu, and then use the Restore option.  

Non potest esse nisi unus

#423 Jmath679

Jmath679

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:Jmath679

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Just to be clear, the exynos processor in the note 2 is not the same as the processor in the European version of the s4. The gn2 has the exynos 4 instead of the exynos 8 which really has everyone in a tizzy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#424 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

been a while since I ran house of bionic forgot lol so ima do this when I have a lot of time this weekend maybe. but so far I have downloaded some stuff from obsidians link. I have razr edge windows, adb.exe, adbwinapi.dll, busy box, run.bat, su, superuser apk, anything else I need im pretty much a complete noob only did this once and I was completely clueless at the time idk how I got it to work lol. but I don't have rsd lite when I download it and extract it with winwar it doesn't give me an option to install...ill play around with it when I get a chance though.

#425 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

The house includes everything.

#426 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Could you give me a download link please

#427 Platy87

Platy87

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):VZW Moto X DE

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

JB updated and root retained! Thanks Sam! Have everything set up to root JB in case something goes wrong. Debating testing my luck and unrooting just to be familiar with the method.

• SamuriHL likes this

#428 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Nvm found link will read and do it when I have time. I'll be back if I have any questions your Assistance is very much appreciated

#429 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

I could give you a super secret method to restore it.   :)  But you need to uninstall any Superuser apps first.  No SuperSU, no Superuser, no Koush's Superuser.  Then if you edit my restore.bat file in the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic\root folder, at the top you'll see a line:

set root_bck=/system/usr/hob-need-root/su-backup

change it to:

set root_bck=/system/usr/we-need-root/su-backup

Then run the House of Bionic, go to the utility menu, and then use the Restore option.  

How do I edit your bat file. I went into house of bionic root folder and double clicked the restore.bat file and it opened a terminal (I think that's whats its called idk im a noob to all this lol) I found the line you mentioned  " set root_bck=/system/usr/hob-need-root/su-backup ". but I have no clue how to change it?

Also on a side note im on jb ota and everything was working ok besides the whole rooting problem but now this morning I was not getting any signal. I was getting bars but no 3g or 4g. this afternoon my 3g came back on but no 4g ive rebooted turned airplane mode on/off still nothing. could be unrelated I plan on calling Verizon but im going to hold off because they are probably going to get me to factory reset my phone and idk if that will not allow me to root my phone with the option above. thanks.

#430 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

How do I edit your bat file. I went into house of bionic root folder and double clicked the restore.bat file and it opened a terminal (I think that's whats its called idk im a noob to all this lol) I found the line you mentioned  " set root_bck=/system/usr/hob-need-root/su-backup ". but I have no clue how to change it?

Also on a side note im on jb ota and everything was working ok besides the whole rooting problem but now this morning I was not getting any signal. I was getting bars but no 3g or 4g. this afternoon my 3g came back on but no 4g ive rebooted turned airplane mode on/off still nothing. could be unrelated I plan on calling Verizon but im going to hold off because they are probably going to get me to factory reset my phone and idk if that will not allow me to root my phone with the option above. thanks.

ok so did you mean update it via notepad...that's only way I can think of

#431 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Yes.  I mean, I can't really give instructions for basic editing of a bat file...

#432 KidFlash124

KidFlash124

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid, Droid Bionic

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

What should I do with my ROM slots, delete them?

#433 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

You shouldn't have to.  Just make sure to uninstall SS recovery.  The app itself is ok to keep installed.  But the recovery has to be uninstalled.  Once you've updated and restored root, reinstall SS recovery and you're back in business.

#434 KidFlash124

KidFlash124

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid, Droid Bionic

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Got jelly bean installed. Thank you so much for the instructions in the first post :) and for what you've done for the Bionic

• SamuriHL and herrsmoothe like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users