Photo

[SOLVED] Need help with Safestrap 3.11

Best Answer cmh714 , 12 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

So what your describing sounds like corrupted downloads. Not sure whay thats happening on all roms tho. Maybe try a different browser to d/l the rom Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tayracing88

tayracing88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVidalia, GA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Motorola Xoom WiFi

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hey guys. Noob here. Ok so I finally got my phone rooted using Matt's utility and installed safestrap 3.11. Installed recovery and its says installled in the recovery state up top. So I reboot, go into safestrap, go into boot options, open ROM-slot 1, set my partition size to 1 Gb, and create ROM slot. Then I activate it when its created, Then I click on install button, find the ROM I want in my ext sd card, and when I slide to install it it comes back and says fail in red and says it cannot open zip file. Can someone tell me what I,m doing wrong please. I have tried this with several diffrent ROMs and it gives me the same result. I have a droid razr on the OTA jelly bean update 4.1.2. System version 98.72.16,XT912.Verizon.en.US. Thanks in advance for all your help with this problem.

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:03 AM   Best Answer

So what your describing sounds like corrupted downloads. Not sure whay thats happening on all roms tho. Maybe try a different browser to d/l the rom
  • The Persuader likes this

#3 tayracing88

tayracing88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVidalia, GA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Got it! Deleted every download and redownloaded from a diffrent browser to a diffrent folder and it loaded perfectly. Thanks for the help!!

#4 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Got it! Deleted every download and redownloaded from a diffrent browser to a diffrent folder and it loaded perfectly. Thanks for the help!!

Fantastic!

#5 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hey guys. Noob here. Ok so I finally got my phone rooted using Matt's utility and installed safestrap 3.11. Installed recovery and its says installled in the recovery state up top. So I reboot, go into safestrap, go into boot options, open ROM-slot 1, set my partition size to 1 Gb, and create ROM slot. Then I activate it when its created, Then I click on install button, find the ROM I want in my ext sd card, and when I slide to install it it comes back and says fail in red and says it cannot open zip file. Can someone tell me what I,m doing wrong please. I have tried this with several diffrent ROMs and it gives me the same result. I have a droid razr on the OTA jelly bean update 4.1.2. System version 98.72.16,XT912.Verizon.en.US. Thanks in advance for all your help with this problem.

T-88...

You're Detailing is Awesome my friend...

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#6 tayracing88

tayracing88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVidalia, GA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks. I've always found the more info you give the better the response.

#7 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thanks. I've always found the more info you give the better the response.

Wish everyone recognized that :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users