#1 lovedgor

lovedgor

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEtowah, Tennessee
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Asus TF 700

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Getting this error: E: unknown file system: 'datamedia' updating partition details.
Guess that's what's been giving me problems. WHewwww, what a day!! Thanks guys...

#2 lovedgor

lovedgor

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Rebooted system, and phone still working, rooted, and unlocked. But I can't seem to flash a ROM because of this problem.

#3 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Getting this error: E: unknown file system: 'datamedia' updating partition details.
Guess that's what's been giving me problems. WHewwww, what a day!! Thanks guys...

I get that message when I press the little monitor-looking button at the bottom of the TWRP screen. I've never known what that button is for. I just press it again to get out of that screen. Is that where you are?

Mounting system is done in the "Mount" area of TWRP. It's just a checkbox that you check.

#4 lovedgor

lovedgor

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

I get that message when I press the little monitor-looking button at the bottom of the TWRP screen. I've never known what that button is for. I just press it again to get out of that screen. Is that where you are?

Mounting system is done in the "Mount" area of TWRP. It's just a checkbox that you check.

Yes, that's it, I checked the box and for some reason it didn't flash the nexesque ROM. Do you recommend that I flash the CM 10.1 and GApps first?

#5 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Yes, that's it, I checked the box and for some reason it didn't flash the nexesque ROM. Do you recommend that I flash the CM 10.1 and GApps first?

No, you shouldn't. The Nexesque ROM is compatible with the stock kernel which comes with the Motorola version of Android which ships with the phone, while CM uses the "Android Open Source Project" kernel. If you were to install CM first, it would replace that stock kernel which Nexesque needs, which would require you to revert back before you could install Nexesque.

Assuming you haven't installed CM, which would change the process, you should just:

-put Nexesque on your external SD card
-boot into TWRP recovery
-if you don't already have a backup of what you're currently running on the phone, go into the "Backup" section and make a backup. Specify that it should save to the external SD card, and give it name, then make the backup. This is just in case you need it later.
-go into the "Wipe" section of TWRP, go into "advanced wipe," and select "dalvik cache," "system," "data," and "cache" and wipe those.
-go into the "Mount" section and check "system" (leave everything that's already checked as is).
-then go to the "Install" section, select the Nexesque file from where you stored it, and flash.

It should work. If it doesn't, those steps should let you install other ROMS.
  • dvgb131 likes this

#6 lovedgor

lovedgor

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

It worked....... I thought I did all that before, for some reason it booted back into stock system. Thanks so much.

#7 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

It worked....... I thought I did all that before, for some reason it booted back into stock system. Thanks so much.

Sometimes there's just some step that you miss without thinking about it, and if you just carefully go through the steps again it works. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users