Photo

I've got a brand stinking new Droid HD on 4.0.4. Should I update and how?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

I've been reading that now that the bootloaders have been unlocked, dont take any of the OTA's.

But I was thinking it would prob be safe to take the updates through the droidrzr.com update files already posted. Thats assuming that all those files are safe to update from cuz its from the pre-unlocked bootlader days and thpse files should be Moto/Verizon patch safe correct??.

That way I believe I can get to 4.1.2 and still be able to safely unlock bootloader.....

#2 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

I've been reading that now that the bootloaders have been unlocked, dont take any of the OTA's.

But I was thinking it would prob be safe to take the updates through the droidrzr.com update files already posted. Thats assuming that all those files are safe to update from cuz its from the pre-unlocked bootlader days and thpse files should be Moto/Verizon patch safe correct??.

That way I believe I can get to 4.1.2 and still be able to safely unlock bootloader.....

you are safe with the current OTA now. Once you unlcock, dont take any OTAs. There is no need for them since our developers can take the important stuff from the OTA and provide us with a rom

#3 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Dev Edition

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Take the OTA as soon as you can. But, if you want to unlock your bootloader you need to do it soon, before Motorola comes out with a new OTA which closes the bootloader "hole". You have to root once you get to 4.1.2, the latest OTA. After root unlock. Both root and unlock files can be found on this forum. Good luck, don't wait to long.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users