6 replies to this topic

#1 Odd Job

Odd Job

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

Sorry if these questions sound mundane...but I am purchasing a Razr in a few days and trying to get all the information beforehand so when I get it I can modify it to my personal taste.

Does anyone have this on their Razr?

Q. I want to remove the bloatware from the phone, can you/have you do/done this from this program. I want to avoid having to purchase/download a program called bloat freezer

Q. Can you save the back-ups on the SD card or does it go into the internal memory?

Q. In viewing some of the vids on the internet and reading some info on Titanium it recommends doing a back up of the ROM. Is there any instructions here on how to do it? I haven't been able to find any instructions on how to do this.

Sorry for all the questions!

#2 droidRguy

droidRguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

after you root, yes titanium pro works, I just got reply email from them that it does work. I did full backup no problems. I have also emailed koush about cwm full, there is a unofficial bootstrap out

#3 ytsud

ytsud

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Location44646

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

Sorry if these questions sound mundane...but I am purchasing a Razr in a few days and trying to get all the information beforehand so when I get it I can modify it to my personal taste.

Does anyone have this on their Razr?

Q. I want to remove the bloatware from the phone, can you/have you do/done this from this program. I want to avoid having to purchase/download a program called bloat freezer

Q. Can you save the back-ups on the SD card or does it go into the internal memory?

Q. In viewing some of the vids on the internet and reading some info on Titanium it recommends doing a back up of the ROM. Is there any instructions here on how to do it? I haven't been able to find any instructions on how to do this.

Sorry for all the questions!

I also believe you can "hide" apps using the Launcher Pro Method.

#4 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

I have also emailed koush about cwm full, there is a unofficial bootstrap out

droidRguy, please tell me how I can get that bootstrap.. I've been seriously considering getting a Razr, but rooting is big for me & bootstrap has been a lifesaver...

TIA,

seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#5 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

droidRguy, please tell me how I can get that bootstrap.. I've been seriously considering getting a Razr, but rooting is big for me & bootstrap has been a lifesaver...

TIA,

seeker

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is even safer than Bootstrap. And now with the fastboot you shouldn't worry about bricking.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#6 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:37 AM

Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen some stuff written about the two methods, Safestrap & Bootsrap.

I recall that there is / are (some) limitation(s) to using Safestrap; would you be kind enough to let me know #1 where I can find Safestrap & how to use it... - I'm pretty good w/the basic mod stuff, having done a # of sbf's on my last droid & Bootstrap worked very well for me, so it sounds great that Safestrap is safer.

How does Safestrap differ fm Bootstrap, the pros & cons if you please...

BTW, I am now the proud owner of the RMaxx. One thing, the screen does seem to get quite warm.

I imagine it is b/c of the battery & how so much energy goes to the screen - I saw somewhere that a researcher is working on directly channeling the excess power back to the battery....

TIA, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#7 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

A related question, I noticed that my 3d party apps do NOT show up on the very same microSD card that I took fm my prev droid & since I was depending on Titanium Backup to help me restore my apps, this is quite scary. I checked for app-related directories in /mnt/sdcard or /sdcard....

Besides the obvious issue w/TB, I have a prob w/restoring by hand all of the data in my Splash ID data safe, I had 68 entries & even tho I'm using MessagEase, which makes very typing on the screen quite easy ... this could take hrs & hrs....

Oh, BTW, I have not yet rooted my RMaxx, as I want to be sure that there aren't any unpleasant surprises

AHA! I just remembered that I can use TB to restore individual apps fm inside nandroid backups, now, if only I could be sure that the Clockwork directory will show once I've rooted... at least I backed up the complete contents of the microSD card to my PC & my prev droid is still working & it does show the 3d party app directories... so worst comes to worse, the data can be recreated.

Since I've completely backed up the contents of that card, is there any way I can get the links for those 3d party app directories onto my RMaxx?

TIA, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users