Photo

[SOLVED]Broken root after 4.1 to 4.1.2 OTA

Best Answer Memnoch73 , 18 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hi.  Would you mind explaining what you mean by "ended up using the fastboot file"?

I might be having the same trouble as you.  Had 4.1.1 and my daughter accepted the 4.1.2 OTA.  I have SuperUser, but it seems to be broken--also, I can't uninstall /system/app/superuser.apk.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to go back to stock and start over (sux!) or if there's a way to "fix" 4.1.2.  Any direction would be appreciated.

You need to use RSD and the files HERE to go back to stock 4.1.2 then use the root Utility a few posts above

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Warrior732MN

Warrior732MN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

Im sure this has been answered elsewhere but I have been unable to locate it on this forum or many others.

I was rooted on 4.1.1 started to download update and postponed installation for 12 hours; forgot about it, did it's thing automatically. Now I'm on 4.1.2 but root is broken. SU wont update or grant access. Motochoppper does not work in rooting it. I have updated the drivers, I have the SDK installed, the phone is connected to USB and it is in Debugging Mode.

How in the hell can I get root back!?

**edit**
The only thing I have yet to do is use the fast boot file here --

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Is that the next step?
  • Warrior732MN likes this

#2 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

There's a new utility to root 4.1.2:

#3 Warrior732MN

Warrior732MN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

There's a new utility to root 4.1.2:

Like I said though, that program (Motochopper) does not work for me. I've tried it 15 times and downloaded it 4 separate times from that very thread

#4 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

Like I said though, that program (Motochopper) does not work for me. I've tried it 15 times and downloaded it 4 separate times from that very thread

Oh I'm sorry I should have read your post more carefully, I was skimming.

#5 Warrior732MN

Warrior732MN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

In case any one is in the same boat. I just ended up using the fastboot file I linked in my first post and following the instructions on flashing 4.1.2. Once that was done and the phone rebooted, the new root tool worked like a charm!

#6 amagha

amagha

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

In case any one is in the same boat. I just ended up using the fastboot file I linked in my first post and following the instructions on flashing 4.1.2. Once that was done and the phone rebooted, the new root tool worked like a charm!

Hi.  Would you mind explaining what you mean by "ended up using the fastboot file"?

I might be having the same trouble as you.  Had 4.1.1 and my daughter accepted the 4.1.2 OTA.  I have SuperUser, but it seems to be broken--also, I can't uninstall /system/app/superuser.apk.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to go back to stock and start over (sux!) or if there's a way to "fix" 4.1.2.  Any direction would be appreciated.

#7 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:46 PM   Best Answer

You need to use RSD and the files

to go back to stock 4.1.2 then use the root Utility a few posts above

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#8 Warrior732MN

Warrior732MN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

You need to use RSD and the files

to go back to stock 4.1.2 then use the root Utility a few posts above

Yeah what he said. Make sure to unzip and then open the XML file with notepad and remove the lines containing "get var"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users