Photo

Facebook Messenger - Chat Heads not working

messenger chat heads

Best Answer Kimo91 , 20 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Did you go into the messenger app settings and check mark the chat head option? Mine has worked flawlessly since the update, just gets annoying every now and then the chat heads pop up but all in all great refreshing update to the app

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running on high octane with Jelly Bean Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gluffster

Gluffster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hey guys, I downloaded the newest update for Facebook Messenger, and it still doesn't have the new "Chat Heads" feature. I then uninstalled and reinstalled it, and that still isn't working. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm running Android 4.1 (the stock ROM) rooted on the Razr Maxx.

#2 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

I have the newest version and haven't noticed any issues at all yet. Seeing as how you have downloaded it fresh to make sure nothing was wrong there, I am not sure how to go about fixing the issue short of contacting facebook themselves or checking to see if others have reported a issue there. Sorry I am not of much help.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#3 Gluffster

Gluffster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

No problem, I appreciate the response. I was just curious to see if anyone else is having the problem, too. I didn't know if my phone being rooted was causing any sort of problem or not.

#4 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

Moving this to General. :)

Posted Image

#5 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Doesn't work on my RAZR M either.

I had fb home installed to play around with and it worked perfect then but street I removed fb home the chat heads stopped showing up

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#6 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:54 AM   Best Answer

Did you go into the messenger app settings and check mark the chat head option? Mine has worked flawlessly since the update, just gets annoying every now and then the chat heads pop up but all in all great refreshing update to the app

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running on high octane with Jelly Bean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users