Photo

Safe strap backup broke?

No screen backup didnt work

Best Answer OldBaldy , 15 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

It's meant to protect root through an update, but if you leave su protected, a nandroid restore cannot overwrite it, leaving you with an incomplete system restore, thus the black screen. If you did not have su protected, then you possibly just have a bad backup. Either way, Matt's utility for JB it's the quickest way back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 outfieldslayer

outfieldslayer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

So I'm running the ota .16 and i made a backup of it as soon as i updated 100%clean all went well then I accidentally changed a few system things on my stock rom so no big deal I go and restore from my backup. the moto logo shows, the SS screen shows, then nothing, i get sound and my computer detects it once the boot animation sounds finish and i can copy files and all that. but the screen for some reason just wont show anything at all or respond to touch, all the hardware keys are working perfect and i can flash roms but for some reason no screen on the stock rom slot. any ideas?

#2 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Did you still have su protected by voodoo when you made your backup? If so, that's your problem. Your only way out is to use Matt's utility or rsd to reflash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  • DroRzr likes this

#3 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Nexus7

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Did you still have su protected by voodoo when you made your backup? If so, that's your problem. Your only way out is to use Matt's utility or rsd to reflash. Sent from my DROID RAZR
A bi confused? I that Voodoo was not required w Matt's Utility. Pls confirm because when I tried to install it, it failed. Now, I'm confused as to whether or not it should be on my Droid Razr. Thx. Droid Razr via Tapatalk

#4 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:25 AM   Best Answer

It's meant to protect root through an update, but if you leave su protected, a nandroid restore cannot overwrite it, leaving you with an incomplete system restore, thus the black screen. If you did not have su protected, then you possibly just have a bad backup. Either way, Matt's utility for JB it's the quickest way back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#5 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

So I'm running the ota .16 and i made a backup of it as soon as i updated 100%clean all went well then I accidentally changed a few system things on my stock rom so no big deal I go and restore from my backup. the moto logo shows, the SS screen shows, then nothing, i get sound and my computer detects it once the boot animation sounds finish and i can copy files and all that. but the screen for some reason just wont show anything at all or respond to touch, all the hardware keys are working perfect and i can flash roms but for some reason no screen on the stock rom slot. any ideas?

Don't boot up with your phone plugged in.

• tmyinc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users