Photo
- - - - -

Gallery question for everyone that's unlocked...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

This is just a general question for everyone that has unlocked their bootloader.  I was wondering how many of you have had problems with the gallery showing "no external storage available" after installing a custom ROM.  No matter what I do, I can't get the gallery to work on a custom ROM.  I know there are a couple of other guys  on here that have had the issue.  Yes, I've gone through every possible fix that I've come across on the internet, and installed a new card.  Nothing works.  I've fastbooted a couple of times and tried different custom ROMs, but none of them are working.  What do you all think?  

R. Long: Pixel 5

#2 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

No problems on my unlocked Razr M, but then again I am using QuickPic and not the stock gallery.

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#3 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

No problems on my unlocked Razr M, but then again I am using QuickPic and not the stock gallery.

I've seen that this has been a solution for some people. 

#4 Sparkimus

Sparkimus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:Sparkimus

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Had issues after flashing with TWRP a while back that would render the internal storage unusable after attempting to flash a ROM (unlocked dev edition). Even after restoring a backup it would still have issues. The only fix is to wipe the internal storage through recovery. Luckily I had all of my important data on the external SD.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • neckchop likes this

#5 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, I've seen the QuickPic fix, but I wanted to try to get the stock gallery to work.  I just fastbooted back to stock and am staying on it, until a ROM is released with full kernel source.

#6 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

This is just a general question for everyone that has unlocked their bootloader.  I was wondering how many of you have had problems with the gallery showing "no external storage available" after installing a custom ROM.  No matter what I do, I can't get the gallery to work on a custom ROM.  I know there are a couple of other guys  on here that have had the issue.  Yes, I've gone through every possible fix that I've come across on the internet, and installed a new card.  Nothing works.  I've fastbooted a couple of times and tried different custom ROMs, but none of them are working.  What do you all think?  

The problem is all the ROMs still for use to use now being unlocked were originally setup for use with SS. that said because of the way SS works there is stuff in these ROMs pointing to the wrong place and that is why it is not working right. Until the Dev update the ROMs to not reference the SS setup in the updater-script there is going to be problems. Also as mentioned the onyl way to correct it once it happens is to Format internal mem or you will still have problems goign to a different ROM

• RikRong likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users