Photo

Companies delaying phones to Verizon specifically?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Is it just me, or is Verizon as of late getting phones later then the other carriers. For example, the Samsung Galaxy S4 will supposedly be shipped to AT&T on April 26, then T-Mobile shortly after on the 1st of May. Verizon is to see it almost an entire month after on the 30th of May.

Now, the same goes for the HTC One. It seems all the other carriers will be getting this device on their service, but Verizon will not. Rumors suggested that Verizon will eventually get the One, but not until much later. I'm wondering if it's because HTC and Samsung (as well as other phone manufactures) are fed up with Verizon prereq's. I know that Verizon started the "Droid" series such as the HTC Droid DNA, Moto Droid Razr/Max/Hd/M that forced these carriers to practically rename their flagship device.

Not that I care to ever own this device myself, but the HTC First has no plans of making it's way to Verizon either. There are already rumors of the First hitting Sprint and then T-Mobile, but no word about Verizon.

I don't know if I am just over speculating this, but it seems that phone manufactures are fed up with Verizon despite Verizon having one of the largest customer based networks, along with the network itself. I love Verizon's network, but hate their policies and price. I've recently considered jumping on the wagon to T-Mobile as apparently everyone is satisfied with prices, policies, plans, and network (although not as large as Verizon, but it's rapidly getting larger).

I'd like to see others input on this.

Cheers

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Verizon makes them lock the devices down way more, and put HUGE logo's on the phone. It takes time! :)

• shane1 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 cmorty72

cmorty72

Breaking, bending, and fixing things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitter:z00mer
  • Google+:Christopher
  • LocationIn front of my p.c. or on my Razr HD Maxx
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr Maxx HD 32G

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Verizon makes them lock the devices down way more, and put HUGE logo's on the phone. It takes time! :)

THIS!

Spoken for truth (well sort of).

USN 1996-2007, OS1 (SW/AW/VBSS)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users