• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

So, I can have my phone hooked up to my desktop or laptop and us it with out a lapdock? I tether anyways but that would be sweet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#22 mllora81

mllora81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

I loaded a leaked ICS rom with Webtop 3.0 beta on my Razr Maxx, got a HD dock with 3 USB ports, a KVM switch, and a micro hdmi to VGA adapter and hooked it all up.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#23 bryan77

bryan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

I tried the ubuntu installer from the market and was successful in running it. It basically runs ubuntu in a terminal and you use a vnc viewer to see the gui, all from the razr. Or, the best part is, you can also run a vnc viewer from your laptop or tablet over your home network and control ubuntu running on the razr.
My question is - Can we run a vnc server in webtop 3.0? So that i can view webtop from my laptop or tablet instead of a lapdock or hdtv.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#24 bryan77

bryan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

I found 2 vnc servers in the market. I just need to invoke the webtop without connecting an hdmi cable. Any ideas???

#25 tktk

tktk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

I found 2 vnc servers in the market. I just need to invoke the webtop without connecting an hdmi cable. Any ideas???

I don't think I understand your question. There are several good remote apps (I use Splashtop, which runs on windows.) If you run a VNC then you really don't need webtop. You can simply use mirror mode.

But maybe I am not understanding what you are trying to do?

#26 bryan77

bryan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

I want the opposite of splashtop. I want to enable webtop and a vnc server on the razr and remote control it from my tablet or pc using a vnc viewer.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Try this server on your phone and download ultravnc on your pc and use the viewer to remote control your phone and you will get the idea.

I just want to remote control the webtop mode instead of just the phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users