• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tedtest

tedtest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

I might FXZ my phone. My question is, in Samuris HOB their is a FULL FXZ 246 and a 246 MIRROR FXZ. What is the difference between the two?I dont kmow what a MIRROR is yet.

#2 Staf_in_Wah

Staf_in_Wah

Protecting our Libraries from the Zombie Apocalypse!!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  • Twitter:darthbiblia
  • LocationIowa
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7 Pr0, TicwatchPro 3, Huawei MediaPad M5

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Same file. A mirror is a duplicate location.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

a girl has no sig

#3 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

I might FXZ my phone. My question is, in Samuris HOB their is a FULL FXZ 246 and a 246 MIRROR FXZ. What is the difference between the two?I dont kmow what a MIRROR is yet.

Along with staf, I'll just offer this advice...

You're reading, and that's great.

But those are the download links.

Read all that thread. And also the FAQ thread.

Don't try to do anything tonight. Just read a few days not only his links but other comments, etc. Emerse yourself in the House of Bionic. Get comfortable. Be cautious. Read.

When things like MIRROR don't throw you for a loop, carefully proceed. :)

You don't have to update just because you get notified. Or you can go ahead and take update. But you'll lose ability to root or flash custom ROMS. (Assuming you're stock, if you have modified your phone and take update you could hose your phone or make things very difficult).

The files and people here aren't going anywhere, don't rush anything--for their sakes and yours.
  • Narffran and johnlgalt like this

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#4 tedtest

tedtest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

Im not stock but went back to stock and removed safestrap waiting for update hoping that will fix my issues with phone or should i just fully unroot and take back to verizon cause i got the insurance?

#5 tedtest

tedtest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

Thank you so far for the help......yes i have been reading and reading.. and more reading trying to ask as few questions as possible.j have read the HOB thread a million times and the FAQS and NOTES. Why do people FXZ? I have some issues with phone and in other parts of forum they are telling me the best thing to do is to FXZ.

#6 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Thank you so far for the help......yes i have been reading and reading.. and more reading trying to ask as few questions as possible.j have read the HOB thread a million times and the FAQS and NOTES. Why do people FXZ? I have some issues with phone and in other parts of forum they are telling me the best thing to do is to FXZ.

FXZ'ing pretty much returns the phone back to the original state. About the same way it came from the factory. This pretty much wipes the phone clean and gives to a fresh start which in turn will (for the most part) eliminate bugs and issues. It can also be used to rule out  software issues and point to hardware issues at times when having issues with a device.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users