• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 samcook2003@gmail.com

samcook2003@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

So much for that ice update I bet big red might have stopped it because of the bugs in it oh well better to have a phone that works then to have one that works some what have a great day everyone.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • goatastic likes this

#2 mikerosoftpro

mikerosoftpro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

You do realize there is still 18 hours left in the day for US consumers? It said April 4th. At no time did it say at exactly 1:07am (random number) update will go out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

#3 samcook2003@gmail.com

samcook2003@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

The last time they promised a update with the Htc Incredible it was supposed to get gb on a pacific date needless to say it didn't do it big red stopped it ended up getting it much later I just saying putting in my to cents just keeping it real beside its no big deal we will get it sooner or later have a good day and relax it will come whenever.

#4 goatastic

goatastic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

They could just be staggering the release. Don't want corrupted downloads from too many people trying to get the same file. The day is young.

#5 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

From what ive read there has been no actual proof that today is the day for an ota. Just those best buy pics. And as far as i know the soak test didnt even start yet.

• DonDraper likes this

#6 samcook2003@gmail.com

samcook2003@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

Yeah I know but how I look at it is at the end of the day big red never once said they where releasing any update at this time bestbuy is not big red thats why I just dont believe any of this until big red post they will release the update just like they did with the incredible.

#7 veldy

veldy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:minnbrewer
  • Google+:veldy71

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:48 AM

Honestly, I have always taken the rumor with a large grain of salt.

#8 samcook2003@gmail.com

samcook2003@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

Plus think about this the motoxoom wifi got the update but not the big red motoxoom 3g/4g gee I wonder why lol just saying dont waste your day staring at your phone it will come when big red post it is releasing an update

#9 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

This must be your first rodeo.... I don't think a soap test or an ota has ever went out first thing in the morning. At least let the guy who pushes the update release button get to work this morning before saying do much for an update...

#10 samcook2003@gmail.com

samcook2003@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

No its not like I said I went through this with the inc and when they did push out the update some inc owner got the update in the a.m. but anyway just saying if big red never posted anything about a update like they have done in the past take that for whats its worth kind of loke 2012 the of days lol. Anyway guys have a good day time for me to go to work and watch some movies on my maxx.

#11 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Instead of always being honest, and speaking honestly, we should always speak dishonestly and claim that! Do people that claim they are being honest at the start of a statement always lie or something? I hope not.

#12 disturbed58

disturbed58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

IF there is an OTA it seems the dates are usually the days they start sending them. My wife and I had OG Droids and I remember when the Froyo OTAs came out, my wife got the update midway through the release day and my OG didn't get it until the next morning. Without official release dates it would seem that the April 4th may be the start of the soak test.

#13 veldy

veldy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

Sure, it's possible that it will drop today, but, all the previous motorola and Verizon communications have suggested quarter three. The leaked releases still lack stability and compatibility with many popular apps and restoring backups from Google has proven to be problematic. My take is that was a staged screen print for the purpose of this rumor, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised :D

Veldy

#14 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

From what ive read there has been no actual proof that today is the day for an ota. Just those best buy pics. And as far as i know the soak test didnt even start yet.

^This
Trust me when I say I can't wait for it to drop, but a Bestbuy screenshot is not an accurate indication that the update is going to go out. It's a definite sign that it's going to happen within a month. That combined with the fact that there are already problems with the update they were about to soak test on... it ain't gonna happen today

You are also going to see the pdf from Verizon touting the update's features just before or at the time of deployment.

#15 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

I doesn't usually start until later in the day

#16 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

If and when it gets pushed out, it will be in waves just like all other updates. The updates are not pushed out all at once. Some of you will get it soon, some will have to wait longer.

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#17 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

A soak test invite wave went out like 4 days ago, why would the update be in Q3? ._.

#18 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

Personally I don't think the update will go out today, but if it does you have to wait a little longer than 7 AM.

Plus, if you were not invited to participate in the soak test you won't get it anyways. Everyone else is going to have to wait about a month (hopefully) after the soak test comes out.
  • Aixelsyd likes this

:-D :-D

#19 veldy

veldy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

A soak test invite wave went out like 4 days ago, why would the update be in Q3? ._.

Because that is when both Verizon and Motorola indicated that it would. Here is a February link from Motorola.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Verizon posted it's own schedule recently, but I don't have that link handy.

Veldy

#20 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

Personally I don't think the update will go out today, but if it does you have to wait a little longer than 7 AM.

Plus, if you were not invited to participate in the soak test you won't get it anyways. Everyone else is going to have to wait about a month (hopefully) after the soak test comes out.

I've participated in several soaks and the OTA release ways days after I received the initial soak update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users