• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Just a quick question that may already know the answer to but thought I'd ask anyway...  Now that the official Jelly Bean is available for the Bionic, are there any webtop flashables that can be installed on any of the available custom Jelly Bean ROMs?  I don't do it very often, but sometimes I do like to connect my phone to my TV and play games on a bigger screen, and since that's about the only thing not available in the custom ROMs right now, it's the main reason I'm not running one as a daily driver.  Like my computer, I try not to reboot it unless I have to because it saves on wear and tear, plus I don't want to have to revert back to my stock Jelly Bean ROM just to play a couple games.  Thanks in advance.

#2 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Bionic

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

The (current) jelly bean roms are all built on top of AOSP. That means most of Motorola's code was reversed to create a ROM base, similar to hardware drivers. HDMI was not or can't be reversed (not sure about the reasons).

This means only moto's ROM can use the HDMI.
But it's possible to strip stuff out of moto's ROM and replace it with AOSP or modded/themed parts (kind of the opposite procedure of above).

Basically, none of the AOSP/AOKP Roms would have HDMI. A "blur" ROM would have to be created (blur, based on moto's ROM).

typed on a Bionic running Eclipse 1.3 on ICS build 232.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users