6 replies to this topic

#1 ranlil

ranlil

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

I had to FXZ to stock 246 to get the OTA.  That went well and I rooted and temporarily un-rooted.  Got the OTA then restored root.  Decided I wanted to restore data so installed Bionic Bootloader.  I did a Nandroid backup then did a restore data (from my previous Nandroid) and rebooted.  Got a Encryption error and was told to reboot to go back to factory settings.  That happened over and over (loop).  I decided to FXZ back to 246 again and now I keep getting a 6/21 flash cdt.bin FAIL.  So then I tried HOB flash and when I get to writing cdt.bin, I get Infoflash validation failure.  I get the same message when it gets down to writing boot.  I greatly appreciate any help.

EDIT:  Well I got it going.  I did as geekswife did and got back to JB.  Anyone else in this situation (hope no one as stupid as me) needs to flash preinstall, system, and recovery from the 246 fxz.  I cleared cache and everything first.  I then tried to update from the ext card and it kept failing at lte flash.  I found another update and put it on my card and finally got all the way back to JB.  Way better than $600 worth of stupid!

Edited by ranlil, 20 April 2013 - 06:43 AM.

#2 medic

medic

It's not my blood....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGhent
  • Current Device(s):Bionic 16gb, Nexus 7

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

So you took the ota to JB, then tried to restore data from ICS using HOB?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Wooohoooo, Jelly Belly!

#3 ranlil

ranlil

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

So you took the ota to JB, then tried to restore data from ICS using HOB?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No...  Not using HOB.  Data from CWM Nandroid backup.  I tried using HOB to try to reflash to stock 246.  I also tried RSD.  I realize this was a huge mistake though I have done this many times over.  I think the problem really had to do with installing Bionic Bootstrap.

#4 medic

medic

It's not my blood....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGhent

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

Security was changed on the JB update, therefore rendering the ability to flash to a lower version number IMPOSSIBLE. Just like the ICS updates, once you left GB, you were stuck.

I believe most people were holding off even installing SS and BS and CWM and TWRP for a reason. There is no root exploit, so those of us that still had it after updating didn't want to possibly lose it.

Good luck with your bricked device. You might be able to claim the encryption screwed up when you took the update(and never mention root, nandroid, etc.) and file an insurance claim, but that could also be construed as insurance fraud since you will omit what you actually did to the phone. 

Wooohoooo, Jelly Belly!

#5 ranlil

ranlil

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

Security was changed on the JB update, therefore rendering the ability to flash to a lower version number IMPOSSIBLE. Just like the ICS updates, once you left GB, you were stuck.

I believe most people were holding off even installing SS and BS and CWM and TWRP for a reason. There is no root exploit, so those of us that still had it after updating didn't want to possibly lose it.

Good luck with your bricked device. You might be able to claim the encryption screwed up when you took the update(and never mention root, nandroid, etc.) and file an insurance claim, but that could also be construed as insurance fraud since you will omit what you actually did to the phone. 

Thanks for the reply... Can't believe I screwed up so bad....

#6 medic

medic

It's not my blood....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGhent

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

This may help. Sounds similar to your situation.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Wooohoooo, Jelly Belly!

#7 David Kotzebue

David Kotzebue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

I had to FXZ to stock 246 to get the OTA.  That went well and I rooted and temporarily un-rooted.  Got the OTA then restored root.  Decided I wanted to restore data so installed Bionic Bootloader.  I did a Nandroid backup then did a restore data (from my previous Nandroid) and rebooted.  Got a Encryption error and was told to reboot to go back to factory settings.  That happened over and over (loop).  I decided to FXZ back to 246 again and now I keep getting a 6/21 flash cdt.bin FAIL.  So then I tried HOB flash and when I get to writing cdt.bin, I get Infoflash validation failure.  I get the same message when it gets down to writing boot.  I greatly appreciate any help.

This might work.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You'll lose root, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users