6 replies to this topic

#1 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

Has anyone tried to go back to ICS after JB has been installed?

#2 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

You cannot.  The CDT.bin (among other files) has an increased security level - meaning no reverting back to older CDT.bin (from .246).  Similar to when upgrading from GB to ICS - no going back.

#3 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Okay that's what I was afraid of. Crap the ota pushed itself last night without me realizing. There goes my great Bionic.

#4 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

You'll find JB to be pretty decent - just not natively rootable.

If you have a Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper backup of root, it should be able to restore root.

Do not try to restore app data from a previous nandroid backup and / or TiBu after taking the update, particularly system data.

This has been shown to hose numerous people - the same as it did when upgrading from GB to ICS.

My personal recommendation - perform a FDR and manually reinstall your apps again.  Same as with ICS.

#5 herrbifi

herrbifi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

No that's not the issue most of my apps I used are glitchy on KNow. Foxfi, Rage of Bahamut, Screenshot UX, and a couple others. I spend 9+ hrs a day on Rage alone and now it's very unresponsive. Oh well it was good while it lasted.

#6 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Foxfi seems to work for me just as good as it did before.

Rage of Bahamut - haven't tried that game yet.

Screenshot UX - any particular reason you're using a third party app when both ICS and JB have native screenshot capabilities?

#7 obsidianfirefly

obsidianfirefly

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

No that's not the issue most of my apps I used are glitchy on KNow. Foxfi, Rage of Bahamut, Screenshot UX, and a couple others. I spend 9+ hrs a day on Rage alone and now it's very unresponsive. Oh well it was good while it lasted.

The only change I noticed in Rage is that it's unresponsive during the boss battles in the events and during the opening banner. It seems to behave the same on my tablet so it might just be the game. You know how they always tend to have problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users