16 replies to this topic

#1 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

The RAZR community is a small one, yet we are spread unevenly across XDA, droidrzr, razrforums, and rootzwiki.

kholk is doing some magical things on XDA, like an overclock module that he needs help with, a leaked EU OTA, a new governor...but it's hard for devs to collaborate and users to get the newest most current information if we're all spread across these four forums.
these forums are sitting dormant (I don't know if you guys are aware of the XDA developments since they aren't shown here) while we wait for an SBF for US.
razrforums don't seem to be on top of things either, but has decent activity.
rootzwiki is a ghost town.

Can we please pull together and get our community more tightly knit? This is a serious problem.

#2 imandroid

imandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

+1 i'm in agreement would love to see some more love for the Razr if nothing else, have a sbf to debloat this piece.
  • dustincook87 likes this

#3 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

I see what your saying, but don't think its going to be possible to bring forums together.. each forum is trying to do it's own thing and couldn't imagine closing one down to join with another...

I used to post on some of those sites but am keeping all my razr works exclusive to this site. Why? easier for me and i believe this site has much potential.

What does this forum offer that others don't?

Theme's (which i know there are a couple on xda now)
A small tightly knit, friendly staff that is very responsive and knowledgeable
A forum design and functionality that works great. (better than others ive seen)
Latest Info & news on everything Razr

We are not a forum that spreads over many devices. Droidrzr.com is dedicated to razr and we are trying to stand out from the rest.

So, with all that said i feel your pain. ever since i start posting my themes to forums its been a challenge. I try to stay on one or two forums because of the time it takes to keep them all updated yet i want my themes to be seen by the masses.

Droidrzr.com is here to stay and my theme's and upcoming mod's will probably always be exclusive to this site.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Could you atleast post around on other forums with your banner in your sig. Anything to remedy the problem, because honestly, it makes a device look bad when no devs are to be found on major forums. Most people don't even know droidrzr exists.

EDIT: And if any devs are reading this, kholk needs your help with his overclock module on xda.

#5 shady_lanem

shady_lanem

GSM/VZW Rom Madman!

• Superuser
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

I believe this forum is more focused on Verizon Droid Razr rather than international version
If you appreciate and would like to support my work,

Posted Image

Add me to your Google+ circle

#6 imandroid

imandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

I believe this forum is more focused on Verizon Droid Razr rather than international version

Because this website is world wide this is why we offer information for all, you never know when you have a Droid Razr master that is oversees that can provide plenty of assistance to those international users.

With that being said let all Razr users rejoice

#7 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Yes we just started only a few weeks ago. As of today we have a very talented group of devs, jmo better then any other site, that ate ready to move forward with development. There is just one problem ,WE NEED A SAFETY NET!!! If you don't know what this is, its a sbf aka a system boot file or otherwise known as a FXZ file. This file is needed if we soft brick or need to get back to stock. Also we need fast boot files to execute these files along with system img, boot.img . This is crucial to devs and the end user. Think about it if you soft brick your phone what will you do. Go to vzw and LIE. YEAH. You can bit in the end that is what raises phone prices along with vzw service hikes. Now with this being said we are at a stalemate! We have some of the greatest names in android working on getting these files, for us. When we do get these files development will shoot off like a rocket. We have at least 4 roms from difftent DEV'S ready to go.

In conclusion as a community we need a little patience and unity. What you can do to help send emails to Motorola saying in a respectful way, how these files are needed. Also put in about the locked bootloader. Your voice can be herd. Lets band together, email, tweet, spread the word in any way you can. Send emails to VZW to ask to have the bootloader unlocked. They are the one that asked for it to be locked. Spread the word my friends and we will be herd.
Thank you

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#8 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Woah woah woah, I'm not undermining or insulting you guys in any way. I KNOW how talented you all are (...and what an SBF is >_>). I'm merely requesting that we get our RAZR community more tightly knit by either advertising this forum better or by visiting some of the other big forums. And I'm also asking you guys to get in contact with kholk since he's cranking out WebTop mods, OC modules, and stuff because he's EU and has fastboot files. That's all.

#9 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

I didn't take it insulting at all.. i was merely answering your question and elaborating for other members that read.. I'm sure that's what dirtydroidx meant when he emphasized what an sbf was. not for you, but for anyone else that might read this

I'll look into contacting kholk but not on xda much these days.

I know what you mean with connecting the forums to share info, mods and such but not sure how that would happen.. I'll see if i can ponder it for a bit and see if i can think of something...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

I didn't take it insulting at all.. i was merely answering your question and elaborating for other members that read.. I'm sure that's what dirtydroidx meant when he emphasized what an sbf was. not for you, but for anyone else that might read this

I'll look into contacting kholk but not on xda much these days.

I know what you mean with connecting the forums to share info, mods and such but not sure how that would happen.. I'll see if i can ponder it for a bit and see if i can think of something...

Correct I ment no harm in my words :) I was just speaking in general, to anyone who reads the thread. Having all ppl on the same forum is difficult. But that's not said it can't be done. I will talk to @bignadad to see what we can come up with. If anyone else has an idea feel free to join in.
  • twinsfan1313 likes this

#11 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

The best thing I can think of is getting something major done and branding it as "DroidRZR.com presents... blahblahblah" in the topic title and in the post.

Especially the SBF.

#12 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

The best thing I can think of is getting something major done and branding it as "DroidRZR.com presents... blahblahblah" in the topic title and in the post.

Especially the SBF.

That sounds like a good idea. You can pm devs on other forums and ask them if they would like to work on a community project.

#13 twinsfan1313

twinsfan1313

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/117209965152223481391/posts
  • LocationFair Oaks, Ca.
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

I like all of the razr sites!......but i love what is happening here, and what this could be...........

#14 drsuse

drsuse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

I have been on a lot of sites... and honestly.. this one feels a lot more friendly and everyone is here to help. I'm not knocking any other site but this one IMHO is the right one for me. Its kind of like shopping at Walmart and then going to target. The prices are pretty close to the same but its more of how I am treated in there that makes me go to one or the other. I think it would be awesome to combine target and walmart.. but whose to say the "bad" experience you had with one transfers into another. Then you are stuck with one place and no where else to turn to without being talked down to and treated like you are a complete moron. Again this is just my 2 cents and I am not talking about any other site in particular.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#15 POQbum

POQbum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:NEIN
  • Google+:NEIN NEIN NEIN

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Well I know that rootzwiki started up purely as backlash against XDA.They didn't like the MODS or something they were doing, not really sure. I've visited all the main boards and for my RAZR MAXX this one has the best overall community, ROMs and Themes.

I think another reason why people visit here often is because this site gives away dev phones. I'm still new here.. but that's still pretty sweet and if I was a DEV that would entice me a bit to spend time here vs other places.

But yea.. I'm a big fan of XDA and was a little sad to see the RAZR community there is underwhelming. I wish the entire community would come together as a whole so I don't have to scram all over the net.

#16 scottysize

scottysize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:scottysize
  • Google+:scottysize
  • LocationSanger, TX

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

Could you atleast post around on other forums with your banner in your sig. Anything to remedy the problem, because honestly, it makes a device look bad when no devs are to be found on major forums. Most people don't even know droidrzr exists.

EDIT: And if any devs are reading this, kholk needs your help with his overclock module on xda.

Most other sites prohibit posting information from another forum in your siggy. I regularly check all of the major forums and I'm active in many. But, they do all serve a different purpose and appeal to other audiences. I've noticed that this forum is more open to modifications. That's why I always come here to see what new mod is going on. Razrforums is geared more toward newer Razr owners and we end up answering questions that I'd really be surprised to see here. XDA is great for developers who like to collaborate. Droidforums is a good overall forum for anything Droid, but it even segregates out by phone. Gotta be honest, I never go to rootzwiki. Also, you forgot Androidcentral :D It's geared towards all Android owners, but does have specific sections like Droidforum.

RAZR No Longer.  Currently running the LG G2 and HTC One (M8)

Time for Moto to update the line!

#17 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

i have been thinking the same thing. While it is great to have a board dedicated to the Razr - xda can be a bit too big, spread out and GSM-centered - this board has largely slowed down. I log in every day to see if something new has come in, and nope. same ole posts in the same spots. Of course, the big reason for the number of boards is money. Everyone wants to run an internet site that is popular and get paid for it. I don't blame anyone for it but it would be nice to consolodate. I'd love to see everyone come over here and make this the place to be but that would be asking others to give up their pay checks. So I can't see this happening until the Razr's popularity dies way down. And from what I can tell, it's just getting started

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users