#141 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

I haven't updated yet because I didn't want to risk losing root. I'm in for 10 for sure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • livinginkaos likes this

#142 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

You all have to keep in mind that the HOLE was left there, so the battle was part way there using a tweaked repurposed exploit.  I don't think we would be where we are without that.  I have a feeling that had that not been realized, Dan would not have done a post-retirement exploit.

That said - in the future, if root is important to you, be sure to buy an unlocked or unlockable device - that is the only true way to maintain rootability.

• skeetch79, useltonm, SamuriHL and 12 others like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#143 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yeah.  Not a bad way to rake in 1-grand+.

At a per hour rate for the time it's taken it's probably pretty minimal.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#144 Nola

Nola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well I retained root through the update but I've always benefitted from Dans work in the past, so I'm in for 25. Pretty incredible that while everyone else runs in circles, Dan rocks these exploits in his sleep.

Big thanks man.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#145 rlewis312010

rlewis312010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

You all have to keep in mind that the HOLE was left there, so the battle was part way there using a tweaked repurposed exploit.  I don't think we would be where we are without that.  I have a feeling that had that not been realized, Dan would not have done a post-retirement exploit.

That said - in the future, if root is important to you, be sure to buy an unlocked or unlockable device - that is the only true way to maintain rootability.

Yes, that is where I am at.  UNLOCKED or I don't want it.  MAYBE if there is a way to unlocked it, like what Dan did to various Moto phones recently;-)  I would love one of those, even just a RZR HD, not Maxx needed, but any of those that are unlockable.  Waiting for the Wii U to be hacked.  Traded an RGH 360 for it, and I know f0f says they are releasing hack.  I won't get an unhacked system either.  MIGHT just trade that Wii U for an unlocked/unlockable phone.  TEMPTED but with this root it gives me time and options.  Not that this matters but it helps to share, lol.

#146 JustAGuy

JustAGuy

This is only a test

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts
  • LocationSouthern New Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Z300M, Nexus 7

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Great work again... My Bionic is retired with Root and JB, but I'll pony up $10.

Pixel 2 XL, Pixel XL, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 7,  Samsung GS3, Bionic, OG Droid, SCH-i760, a flip phone or two, and a few others.

#147 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

At a per hour rate for the time it's taken it's probably pretty minimal.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Dan said it took 6 days....

#148 rlewis312010

rlewis312010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

I have not seen anything but I believe you given that you are a moderator, lol.  Many seem to have talks that I do not see (stick to specific threads and usually no chat or IRC, etc).  Helped us through this and I am SURE we all learned our lesson after the locked/omap devices; NO LOCKED PHONES.  Not if we want root, and freedom.  Because Dan won't always be around/willing to save our a&*es.  Anyone disagree? 

#149 BKiv

BKiv

Pancake annihilator

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Google+:jnbkivett@gmail.com
  • LocationHigh Point NC
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Can we pay the man yet? I my pockets getting warm.
  • mcampola likes this

#150 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I have not seen anything but I believe you given that you are a moderator, lol.  Many seem to have talks that I do not see (stick to specific threads and usually no chat or IRC, etc).  Helped us through this and I am SURE we all learned our lesson after the locked/omap devices; NO LOCKED PHONES.  Not if we want root, and freedom.  Because Dan won't always be around/willing to save our a&*es.  Anyone disagree? 

Dan was in the chatroom earlier today, immediately after his post that he needed testers. And its like Dan said, the holes are becoming fewer and harder to find if they exist.

We just need to buy unlocked phones if we like our hobby. Thats all.

#151 raidermc

raidermc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWestern New York

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

What PayPal account do send the $$ to

Great job Dan
It is what it is

#152 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Well then it's pretty minimal.  AWESOME the amount raised so far from a killer community in such a short time span.  Hopefully it will triple by the time it's all said and done.

I'm in for 20.

#153 bigtex52

bigtex52

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:@STM8TR
  • LocationDallas

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Last phone I had with an unlockable bootloader (Samsung GNEX) was a POS and had it's own set of problems that an unlocked bootloader wouldn't solve.

#154 nesdude

nesdude

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

I'm most certainly in for $20. My girlfriend and I have held off on going JB because we like our backups.

Thanks for the hard work, Dan. And thanks to everyone else for keeping the community alive. I lurk around here (and Rootz Wiki and XDA and places before that) but I pay attention to the Bionic scene and it's amazing that it's still alive and kicking a year and a half after the phone released.

• livinginkaos and mcampola like this

#155 TeamLiteSpeed

TeamLiteSpeed

Developer

• Developer
  • 45 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, Razr Maxx, Razr M

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Dan, Thanks so much for the Bionic love!!! We dont get much lovin from Moto so we need it lol! Team LiteSpeed is in for 20$ cause most of our work is done on the Bionic and we love the phone! Happy you came out of the bushes for this one!! :D As always...YOU DA MAN!!!

• B.E.McAllister and livinginkaos like this

Sig By Bama
If you like our work please consider Donating towards
Phones and Site costs :D Thanks!!

#156 unchoney

unchoney

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:droidfan1958
  • LocationQuad Cities USA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yea totally awesome I have 10$ burning a hole in my pocket! i am going to owe him more as my next phone will be the max HD!

#157 retRon

retRon

Freebird

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
  • LocationAZ
  • Current Device(s):Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 (Thanks KAOS)

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Just saw that Dan did it. Thank you Dan, you're awesome! And KAOS, count me in for $10 too!

#158 tomv5314

tomv5314

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMass.
  • Current Device(s):One Plus 7Pro 8GB Ram - 256 GB Rom - Pixel 2 XL- 128GB - Nexus 6P- 128GB - LG G3- LG-G2 -Razor Maxx HD unlocked- Bionic- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3--SM-T820

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I am in for $5.00.  Wish I could do more  Thank you Dan

One Plus 7 Pro --  8 GB Ram - 256 GB Rom

#159 sciroccohsd

sciroccohsd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

$20

Paid! Thank you Dan!!!!

Edited by sciroccohsd, 22 April 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#160 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

HERE IT IS - USE THE LINK IN THE OP FOR YOUR PLEDGE !!!!!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• milski65 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users