Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I have the jelly bean update and was able to keep root via voodoo.  when I use the rootchecker app, it confirms root is still in place.  It looks like SuperUser is not working any more, there is no log activity and when I try update binary, the installed version is 3.0.3.2 and the new version is 3.1.1, when I try to update, I get a message that root access has failed.  I do not have SuperUser elite version.  I'll gladly pay the $3 if I need to.

I checked SuperUser because when I downloaded SQLite editor so that I can change the entitlement for wifi, I was surprised that SuperUser didn't ask for permission to allow the app. When I run SQL it scans all my apps, but when I go to the motorola settings, it says I have no databases, even when I try to browse manually. 

Any idea if there is a problem with SuperUser?

I thought using SQL would be the best option for wifi tethering, but maybe the paid version of FoxFi is easier?  I did try the free version, but the data limit for the day is reached pretty quickly.

I don't mind purchasing a few apps to get the tethering set up, but would like to make sure I spend the money to get this to work properly.

Thank you.

#2 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

There should not be.  I used to use the Chains version of superuser and su but now I use Koush's superuser and su instead, and in JB I still get superuser entertaining requests for root access.

Have you rebooted after restoring root via VooDoo and verified that VooDoo still sees the phone as rooted?

#3 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

The rootchecker app indicates I have root access.  I followed all of Sam's steps to keep root via voodoo (and I watched Tsgt123's video on youtube whose process was similar).  I also followed the steps to keep safestrap in place.  I did a TiBu back up before I did anything.

The only recent things I've done, which I hope didn't screw things up, was mess around with launchers and FoxFi.  I had to clear all credentials when I deleted FoxFi to remove the mandatory PIN.

When I just checked on TiBi, SuperUser is denying access.  Would rootchecker incorrectly say I have root when I don't?

#4 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

And, thanks, for responding so quickly.

#5 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Entirely possible.  I ran into the same thing with my ASUS Transformer Infinity 64GB model.  The last update from 2 weeks ago broke root - VooDoo says I can restore root, says that it does, and rootchecker says I ahve root - but suyperuser says #FAIL.

Try seeing if this will help:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users