985 replies to this topic

#121 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

I'm just saying, it's been tried and tested ad naseum. If you are on par with Hascode, Dhacker and Dan Rosenberg pertaining to development skills then I apologize, by all means...have at it. I'm just saying. No one thus far has been this lucky. Dan said in the op HIMSELF to give up on windows as it's not going to work. But I will not discourage you from trying. Be our guest.  ;)

^^ Like ^^ (I ran out of likes)

I'm not quite in that league, but it can't hurt. No apology necessary. I did see the OP and my brain said to try it anyway, because perhaps the problem was more of it being too much of a pain in the balls to even bother if you can just boot into linux and accomplish it with far less hassle.

Even if I manage to get the stuff working, it would still require the same sharing setup, just in Windows. The end process gets no less tedious, really.

• tucstwo and shanewerner like this

#122 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

32 bit Ubuntu, I get here and it freezes.  I plugged device in, appears to find (VM) and then this on final commands:

thetruth@ubuntu:/tmp/share$ sudo chmod 755 run.sh
thetruth@ubuntu:/tmp/share$ cd /tmp/share/
thetruth@ubuntu:/tmp/share$ sudo ./run.sh
[+] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

--Nothing happens, it freezes here.

Is your phone still connected to windows host?  I had that problem....I had to tell VMWare to connect it to the VM.

• livinginkaos likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#123 bigv5150

bigv5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerzey
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Im not screwing around with the 64 bit any more just formated the usb and doing a fresh install with 32 bit I will see how that goes. I think I was doing everything right it was just the damn adb error.

#124 ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

OK For anyone wondering.

[+] Your phone may appear to reboot. Please ignore this and continue with the exploit.

[+] Please press any hardware button on your phone.
[+] Don't worry if the phone is unresponsive at this time.
[+] Press enter to continue once you have pressed a hardware button.

When you get to this part, wait for your phone to reboot completely.  Then press a button (I used volume up) then it will reboot again. 

Then wait for another reboot.

[*] Exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit.

Once it is rebooted, press enter here and it will reboot one more time.  After that I had superuser, and rootcheck verified root access.

Ah wow, this is finally what worked for me. Everything except the reboot after I pressed volume up.

Thank you for this, was about to give up. The instructions really need to be more clear here, that you need to wait for the phone to reboot completely.

• livinginkaos and xylem007 like this

#125 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Im not screwing around with the 64 bit any more just formated the usb and doing a fresh install with 32 bit I will see how that goes. I think I was doing everything right it was just the damn adb error.

Yea, I had set this up back when I lost root cause I wanted to try the Atrix HD version and I had to screw around with getting the 32 bit stuff to work in my VM.  So yea, a 32 bit install is probably better for this. Maybe.  :D

• hadeshorn9 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#126 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

if you want to test windows, someone may want to see if Cygwin will do the trick.

#127 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

That's where I was planning on starting, but looking at SamuriHL's post about file permissions, it may take slightly more than just Cygwin. Cygwin's default permissions as shown to linux commands I *THINK* are rwxrwxrwx though ... I may be off. And if I don't STFU on this thread, I'm never going to get around to looking into it before I pass out face first on my keyboard. Catch you guys later, and good luck to everyone who's learning by doing

#128 hadeshorn9

hadeshorn9

Moot Minion

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • LocationBoston MA area
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64gb, Dell Venue 8, Chromecast

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

I am also running 64-bit Ubuntu. I got this to work by installing all the packages listed under packages that replace this, and also lib32stdc++6.

So type: sudo apt-get install lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0 lib32asound2 lib32stdc++6

Probably not the best way to do it, but it got the program running for me.

EDIT: Program just said I had root, went into root checker and didnt actually have root :(

This is the proper thing to do for the errors that you were getting. 

Have you tried the exploit again? doing the connect to the share again and then run 

sudo ./run.sh again and see if you get other errors.

• RayLineDev likes this

OG -> Bionic -> (2013) Moto X DE -> Nexus 6 64gb Running 5.1 via Samuri's HoN 

#129 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'm not quite in that league, but it can't hurt. No apology necessary. I did see the OP and my brain said to try it anyway, because perhaps the problem was more of it being too much of a pain in the balls to even bother if you can just boot into linux and accomplish it with far less hassle.

Even if I manage to get the stuff working, it would still require the same sharing setup, just in Windows. The end process gets no less tedious, really.

Understand friend, I'm not trying to belittle you or anything like that at all. My point is that the "impossible" things you mentioned were made possible by the most elite of Android/Linux developers. I am not in any way discrediting your abilities, I'm just saying, understand that when the top dogs say, "it's not gonna work". It's safe to assume, it's not gonna work. But please, if you have some move and are thinkin' outside the box, I am not trying to discourage you. I'm just trying to put it into perspective. That's all. No harm, no foul, friend! :)

• Orasion likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#130 jessiepp

jessiepp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

After using a 32bit live cd instead of 64bit and waiting for the proper reboot timing, got it all working.  Thanks djrbliss!

• SamuriHL and livinginkaos like this

#131 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Understand friend, I'm not trying to belittle you or anything like that at all. My point is that the "impossible" things you mentioned were made possible by the most elite of Android/Linux developers. I am not in any way discrediting your abilities, I'm just saying, understand that when the top dogs say, "it's not gonna work". It's safe to assume, it's not gonna work. But please, if you have some move and are thinkin' outside the box, I am not trying to discourage you. I'm just trying to put it into perspective. That's all. No harm, no foul, friend! :)

Wow... all I read was "discourage, they are the best and a little belittling". Anyway carry on

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#132 italyguy01

italyguy01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I am so extremely happy and grateful!   AWESOME!!!!   Screw Verizon once again!

#133 xtr3m3dr01d

xtr3m3dr01d

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Argh.  You have and old su binary from before you lost root on there I see.  I'd ALMOST recommend flashing system.img from the 98.72.22 FXZ before trying again.  JUST the system.img though.  I don't if that's causing a problem but I'd at least try.

After flashing the system.img, I have root working. Thanks :)

• SamuriHL, hadeshorn9 and livinginkaos like this

#134 Bama

Bama

Needs Beer

• Superuser
  • 582 posts
  • Locationsalem,al

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

donation sent..thank you sir

#135 NewtG

NewtG

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Try this:

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Then do the sudo ./run.sh again.

I have 64 bit Ubuntu and this apt-get install ia32-libs worked like a charm, however before this was posted I had to manually create a shared file in my temp folder (possibly another 64 bit issue ?). but have root now and will keep it safe like it is my last chicklet, cauze it probably is. 

• SamuriHL, livinginkaos and mcampola like this

#136 NewtG

NewtG

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

I have 64 bit Ubuntu and this apt-get install ia32-libs worked like a charm, however before this was posted I had to manually create a shared file in my temp folder (possibly another 64 bit issue ?). but have root now and will keep it safe like it is my last chicklet, cauze it probably is. 

donation sent a while a go :)

#137 MetalJR

MetalJR

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Argh.  You have and old su binary from before you lost root on there I see.  I'd ALMOST recommend flashing system.img from the 98.72.22 FXZ before trying again.  JUST the system.img though.  I don't if that's causing a problem but I'd at least try.

After flashing the system.img, I have root working. Thanks :)

I'm thinking this is my problem.  I've never flashed just one img before.  Is it much different than normal fxz or do I have to fastboot that sucker?

#138 rlewis312010

rlewis312010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Sam, figure it was VM issues with driver and detecting phone.  It began exploit/process then went to "device not found" like 4 times/lines.  Saw it connect, DC, connect, DC and had to manually connect.  Setting up on USB drive now.  Saves a CD/DVD and should work the same way.  Had a LITTLE issue with VMWARE and samba share.  Ip address?  It was a NAT I had it on (default) and then told VM to use device adapter and then it set up and worked (could browse from linux by logging in under file system).  Thanks for the tip (narrowed it down).  Should work from what I've read, using 32 bit also.  Will post if successful or not.

#139 mjs27541

mjs27541

I have no idea what's going on...

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Dan, you sir are a titan among us mere mortals! Thank you for helping us EOL Bionic users retain the ability to tweak our phones to our hearts' content!

• ReservedName likes this

#140 sciroccohsd

sciroccohsd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm rooted on 12.04 LTS.  Make sure you update first. I was having issues (no errors).  It would go through the whole process just fine with no errors and no root.  After updating the OS, it worked first time.

apt-get update

• SamuriHL, MetalJR and livinginkaos like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users