7 replies to this topic

#1 teqknique

teqknique

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Ever since this JB update whenever I use my bluetooth for audio (ie thru my car stereo)  I'll be able to listen to music for about a minute before my bluetooth disconnects then reconnects.  Once it reconnects I can no longer here anything although my music player is still playing.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions?

#2 ktnemec

ktnemec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:@parsnip2

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

Unfortunately I can't offer any help, but I have my own issues to relay in hopes that it triggers some ideas on how to fix.  Since the JB update (I am stock, rooted) I have had Bluetooth issues as well.  On my car I can connect and use the phone and Google Play Music just fine.  But if I try to use other audio programs (Tune-in, Pocket Casts, Beyond Pod, ....) the car shows Bluetooth audio as paused as the player plays. The phone thinks it is connected. 

I have used these same programs under ICS with my car with no problems.  I have no problem with these programs with my bluetooth headsets.  

Any ideas I can try would be appreciated.

• teqknique likes this

#3 teqknique

teqknique

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

I did some research on this last week.  Apparently A2DP (bluetooth audio) was broken in the Android 4.1.2 update (on all devices).  This is supposed to be resolved in the 4.2.2 update.  Hopefully Bionic gets that update (I doubt it will happen)

#4 ktnemec

ktnemec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

I did some research on this last week.  Apparently A2DP (bluetooth audio) was broken in the Android 4.1.2 update (on all devices).  This is supposed to be resolved in the 4.2.2 update.  Hopefully Bionic gets that update (I doubt it will happen)

Well, maybe I should try some 4.2.2 roms.  I wonder if that would help? 

#5 teqknique

teqknique

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

I'm about to install CM10 tonight.  I'll let you guys know how it goes.

#6 ktnemec

ktnemec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

I'm about to install CM10 tonight.  I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I did that as well yesterday.  It worked... sorta.  Once installed I was able to get Tunein Radio to connect and stream over bluetooth as well as being able to use the phone.  Later on I tried it and couldn't get bluetooth to turn on.  Even after a reboot.  So, I think CM10 is a little too bleeding edge for me right now, but as the roms get more mature I think that will solve the problem.  Guess I will just have to be patient.

#7 teqknique

teqknique

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

I installed 4/30 nightly for CM10.  Bluetooth has been working consistently for me.  The only issue sI do have is song tag info does not show up on my car stereo and Facebook contacts wont sync (I had this same issues when I ran CM10 before on top of ICS).  This is a VERY small price to pay though for a working bluetooth connection tho.

On a side note the speakerphone microphone does work now.  This is was ultimately the reason I stopped using CM10 beforehand.  Overall my experience is about 95% in the stability category.

#8 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Moving to General.  Non-emergency. :D  

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users