#1 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Last week an image from Best Buy's internal systems showed that the Motorola Droid RAZR/Maxx update to Android 4.0 were due to be pushed on April 4th. As we all know, it's now April 5th and RAZR/Maxx owners are still without the update. So what happened? According to a Best Buy tipster the updates have been delayed and he/she provided a screenshot. The tipster did not mention when the updates would be pushing out and there was also no mention or why it was delayed.

What's interesting to note is that the Rezound's update has not been cancelled, so we will see if this screenshot holds any water. There always seems to be controversy surrounding Android OS upgrades and things have not changed with ICS. It's coming, it's not, it's due then, it's been delayed. A good rule of thumb is to never believe the first 4-5 rumors that make the rounds. Nine times out of ten they are never right. What say you? Legit screenshot, or is someone trying to cover their buttocks?

Via:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• ThaTwizzla likes this
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#2 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

umm....

So drop out of college...state the obvious...and go become the "official software news guy" at best buy! :)
  • MartyChubbs likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#3 kb3awq

kb3awq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Twitter:kb3awq
  • Google+:kb3awq
  • LocationWilliamsport, PA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

OK so out of all the reading I have seen so far it has been said that it is .181 and the soak started this morning (unsure if it did or not)

ICS was found on the servers via CC but has since vanished.

Best Buy article above showing ICS delayed until next week.

If Im understanding this correctly it sounds like 2 updates are coming in the next week but maybe I am just tired or not reading everything right.
John * Rooted Droid 1 and Droid RAZR Owner * KB3AWQ.com * W3AHS.com * Electronics Geek

#4 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

You mean to tell me that best buy was wrong? :huh: They are usually a great and reliable source. :P

#5 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

My theory is...that ICS is farther along than Moto thought it would be. At the last minute they scrapped the GB soak and are planning an ICS soak early next week. Just a theory, I have no evidence.

#6 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

You mean to tell me that best buy was wrong? They are usually a great and reliable source.

:lol: :lol:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#7 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

What are you people talking about? Read the latest screen shot. It basically says that the April 4th update notice was a typo and that ONLY the HTC Rezound is getting ICS on the 6th. It's says NOTHING about when or if the Razr is being updated at any determined future date. Those of us who are running the leak, hurray for us, for the legit OTA, I think it's safe to assume we can all count on the June/July estimates that everyone has been saying for quite some time. This IS Moto we're talking about..
They're in no rush and don't give two shits about what their loyal followers have to say about it. (ex. Boot loaders)

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#8 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

#9 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

My theory is...that ICS is farther along than Moto thought it would be. At the last minute they scrapped the GB soak and are planning an ICS soak early next week. Just a theory, I have no evidence.

Quite honestly I'm thinking (and hoping) the same. I'm in the soak and have been waiting all day to no avail. I think they mixed up the updates and ICS was supposed to be the soak. Why else was ICS on the servers?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#10 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

what says me? Well it's good to see a leaked ICS version for starters. It's a good sign that it's definitely in the works, and our phone isn't getting ignored. They are working hard on it. My phone works perfect on 2.3.6 so I will wait patiently. BestBuy doesn't know jack $#!+ about phone updates.

If you are sitting with your phone the day of the "rumored" update spamming the "System Updates" button and VERIZON has yet to release info on the update - then you are a bit naive and or you need to get more hobbies. Notice how I said that last part as gently as possible. The actual response for checking for "System Updates" should be this: "Hey buddy, don't call us - WE'LL CALL YOU"...

#11 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

i wouldn't trust best buy at all. why would they have any info in updates? the only thing is they are third party retailers. it is indeed good news that there was ics on the servers and that it will be sooner than june/july. i would expect it early may.
a what? an android? whats that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users