7 replies to this topic

#1 Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Trying to get the JB OTA, running stock rooted ICS. I unfroze everything, rebooted, etc. Whenever I choose System Updates, I get a message that:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I choose "setup" and my phone gets stuck on:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There's never any connection, never a freeze or anything else. It just sits there.

Any idea what the issue is, and how to correct?  Thanks.

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

When it asks you to set it up just cancel and try again. If that doesn't work I can upload the update for you so you can sideload it through recovery.

#3 Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

When it asks you to set it up just cancel and try again. If that doesn't work I can upload the update for you so you can sideload it through recovery.

Tried it about nine times. Does not work. Thanks for the offer, but I can Google the update. Really just trying to figure out why it's not working.

Question on sideloading: Does the regular OTA Rootkeeper method work to maintain root? Or is that only successful with true OTA updating?

Thanks.

#4 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

Tried it about nine times. Does not work. Thanks for the offer, but I can Google the update. Really just trying to figure out why it's not working.

Question on sideloading: Does the regular OTA Rootkeeper method work to maintain root? Or is that only successful with true OTA updating?

Thanks.

Sometimes you have to FDR to get the update to work from the normal vzw ota. You can still protect root when sideloading the update. Just use the same steps.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#5 Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'll give it a shot, thanks. Never had this error before, and I certainly don't want to lose root. If the audio whine and repeated system slowdowns were not making my phone unusable, I'd pass on the update.

#6 Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

Welp, I tried everything but an FXZ back to 246.  I can now grab the regular OTA file, but the patching process continues to crap out at "E:error in TMP/sideload/package.zip (status 7)" or something similar.  I've never had to FXZ back to pristine condition before. Is this a regular occurrence with the JB patch?

#7 Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

Finally gave up and did the FXZ back to 246 using HoB. Lost root during the OTA but had a Voodoo backup, so all is well.

On the downside, the slowness in the handset is still there, even though it's running at 1.2. Dunno what the solution is, except to buy another -- and this time unlocked -- phone.

#8 Bionic5ohh

Bionic5ohh

Mr Hot Rod Lincoln

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Twitter:LSC5ohh
  • Current Device(s):Waiting on Nexus 5

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Finally gave up and did the FXZ back to 246 using HoB. Lost root during the OTA but had a Voodoo backup, so all is well.

On the downside, the slowness in the handset is still there, even though it's running at 1.2. Dunno what the solution is, except to buy another -- and this time unlocked -- phone.

Try an FDR b4 giving up. Also did you vet your bionic new or certified pre-owned? If it was pre-owned it carries a much longer warranty and vzw will likely replace it free. Just tell em you took the update and it fubared the phone. And to save the rigamarole, tell em you already tried the factory data reset etc and the prob still exists. I'm on my 3rd Bionic. Got my first one as certified pre-owned and haven't had to fight with vzw when problems arose. I also carry the insurance so worst case scenario, I get a replacement no matter what.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

sigb5oh_zps165aa608.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users