• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eanes_87

eanes_87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

I wiped my stock slot in safestrap over something that was probably a simple fix. I have a backup, so I thought it was okay. Well, I was wrong. The phone will try to boot, I can hear the stock bionic boot animation sound, but the screen just stays blank. I let it set like that for about 10 minutes with no changes. I can restore that same backup on any other rom slot and it works perfect, just not on stock. Any advice? Is it safe to fxz, and if so, is the ota jb fxz even out yet?

I'd like to try to resolve without fxz-ing, seems like re-rooting is a bit of a hassle. Of course, if there's no other way I'll do what must be done. I got myself in this situation after all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There is the fxz for the JB Bionic build. After restoring your backup did you try wiping data and cache? Rooting the JB Bionic build is lengthy but easy as long as you follow the directions.

#3 eanes_87

eanes_87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Yes, I tried everything. I'm gonna give it one more go before fxzing. I'll wipe everything before and after and see what happens. I did this over conflicting keyboard apps :wacko:

So much fail.

#4 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Yes, I tried everything. I'm gonna give it one more go before fxzing. I'll wipe everything before and after and see what happens. I did this over conflicting keyboard apps :wacko:

So much fail.

It happens. Ive done it before too lol. Also you can use HoB instead of FXZ'ing. Both will give you the same results, I just like HoB lol. Good luck to ya and let me know if you need anything.

#5 kyle22388

kyle22388

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

I have solved this issue before by simply creating a new ROM slot in ss 3+ and flashing the ROM. Although I no longer have my og moto ROM backed up anymore but phone works well and I trust the ROM I am running on now

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

#6 DevildogMP

DevildogMP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Bionic

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Yup tmyinc is correct, simply fxz back to stock jb and root again. Never mess with the stock slot in safestrap. Thats what rom slots are for. Im sure you know this. Hope you get this worked out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users