3 replies to this topic

#1 shockwaver

shockwaver

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

So today i have to switch to a backup of the stock rom from the cm 10 4.2.1 rom and i was at like 60 % when i did the restore but once i restarted i was back at 100 % any idead why this may have happened and will it affect the way that my battery will work now ? any insight would be great!

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

typically when you switch ROM's, restore backups, etc it will affect the display of the battery..... usually until it is charged completely and the battery gets recalibrated..... usually it is nothing to worry about..... in your specific case, I would say that when you made the backup, your battery was fully charged.... so when you restored the backup it changed the display to what it was when it was backed up.......typically the most accurate display of your battery level is to power the phone off and then plug into a wall charger :)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

typically when you switch ROM's, restore backups, etc it will affect the display of the battery..... usually until it is charged completely and the battery gets recalibrated..... usually it is nothing to worry about..... in your specific case, I would say that when you made the backup, your battery was fully charged.... so when you restored the backup it changed the display to what it was when it was backed up.......typically the most accurate display of your battery level is to power the phone off and then plug into a wall charger :)

i have the same problem lol my battery will go down to 1% and sit there for 6 hours, but it has died and recharged many times, any ideas of what i should do?

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#4 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

typically when you switch ROM's, restore backups, etc it will affect the display of the battery..... usually until it is charged completely and the battery gets recalibrated..... usually it is nothing to worry about..... in your specific case, I would say that when you made the backup, your battery was fully charged.... so when you restored the backup it changed the display to what it was when it was backed up.......typically the most accurate display of your battery level is to power the phone off and then plug into a wall charger :)

i have the same problem lol my battery will go down to 1% and sit there for 6 hours, but it has died and recharged many times, any ideas of what i should do?

You can use battery calibration in the market. Or manually calibrate, let the phone discharge to 15% or less then power off and let it charge to 100% then unplug and power on. You can also let it discharge all the way but don't do that too often as some people say it's bad and may cause the battery to drain past the point where it can be charged again.
Also it's always best to charge any battery with the device off. This includes phones, laptops, cameras, etc..

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users