3 replies to this topic

#1 fwtx

fwtx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

if im rooted with safestrap and i have an original unmodified (besides root) stock slot, could i boot into stock, accept the OTA, and be back on fully unmodified (no root, no SS, just stock) phone? i ask cause im starting a new job soon and i wont have time to be flashing, fixing, troubleshooting, etc with my phone and since 4.1 is official now, i figured id just go with that. 

thanks

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Yes boot back to stock. Uninstall safestrap recovery. Make sure superuser binary is updated. Download voodoo root keeper and back up root. Install update and use voodoo to restore root.<br /><br />Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />
  • fwtx likes this

#3 fwtx

fwtx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Yes boot back to stock. Uninstall safestrap recovery. Make sure superuser binary is updated. Download voodoo root keeper and back up root. Install update and use voodoo to restore root.<br /><br />Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

thanks for the quick reply, one question, how do i check if my superuser binary is up to date? is that just the SU app on the play store?

#4 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

yeah whatever SU app you use just open it up from the app drawer. Superuser you have to manually check for updates. In the app scroll to the left and tap chack for updates. SuperSU will let you know if you need to update as soon as you open the app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users