#1 andrep182

andrep182

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hey guys, so I cracked my LCD screen by leaning on a table and now the screen isn't turning on anymore. I know that it still works when I check it on my lapdock.

Anyway, I'm not trying to spend $250 to buy a replacement parts and so was just wondering if anyone has a razr HD in white that got a water damage or for whatever reason (maybe even light cracked screen) trying to contact Asurion or other insurance for a replacement? I'd like to replace the LCD screen and so you can trade it in afterwards (them insurance don't care anyway, you can even say you lost it and they wouldn't care)

Replacing the LCD was fairly easy and there's no label or anything to indicate that the LCD has been replaced and void your warranty (At least not on my phone when I slide the LCD out, but anyone feel free to tell me otherwise). I'm willing to help you pay for the deductable cost and of course, I'll keep this topic updated and provide whatever you need to be comfortable that this will be legit

Thanks in advance! I figured I give this a shot before I go to a desperation mode and spend bank on it :lol:

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

In all honestly, you might have better luck cruising places like ebay in search of dead phones or bad esn whatever devices. While I don't condone purchasing "bad" ESN phones that I am not comfortably aware of their history, this is your phone, and your choice. It's just a suggestion. I'm just saying, most people with DEAD Razr's don't hang out here. But you never know? Good luck :)

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 andrep182

andrep182

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

In all honestly, you might have better luck cruising places like ebay in search of dead phones or bad esn whatever devices. While I don't condone purchasing "bad" ESN phones that I am not comfortably aware of their history, this is your phone, and your choice. It's just a suggestion. I'm just saying, most people with DEAD Razr's don't hang out here. But you never know? Good luck :)

Yup I figured that much, but thought who knows, I could be a lucky cat =). I've been checking eBay quite often for phone with water damage or bad esn. Got a question for ya, if someone said they dropped it in water for split seconds, phone still worked for another day or week before it stops turning on, what do you think the chance is the lcd is still good, just the motherboard is gone? I wanna say there's a good probability but I guess it's still the risk I have to take. Thanks for your 2 cents

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yup I figured that much, but thought who knows, I could be a lucky cat =). I've been checking eBay quite often for phone with water damage or bad esn. Got a question for ya, if someone said they dropped it in water for split seconds, phone still worked for another day or week before it stops turning on, what do you think the chance is the lcd is still good, just the motherboard is gone? I wanna say there's a good probability but I guess it's still the risk I have to take. Thanks for your 2 cents

It's hard to say. I've had 2 devices that got wet and everything worked BUT the LCD, or Backlight or the Digitizer. So there's no rhyme or reason to it, ya know?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#5 andrep182

andrep182

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

It's hard to say. I've had 2 devices that got wet and everything worked BUT the LCD, or Backlight or the Digitizer. So there's no rhyme or reason to it, ya know?

Alright.... i guess it's gambling time! Haha

• tucstwo likes this

#6 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Alright.... i guess it's gambling time! Haha

Fill me in on the odds! I LOOOOOVE takin action :p lol

• andrep182 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users