#1 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m xt907

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

i have bricked my phone hard ... i have tryed to fix it useing droid razr utility ... i know now there are many versions of that program.

droidrazrutility 1.82  just kept giving me failed messages. 

couldnt get rsd light to detect my phone. and it was when i used droidrazrutility 1.10 that in the middle of it, my phone froze after few times it flashed.  now nothing comes on the screen. no matter the combonation of buttons.  (power) or (power+down) or even (power+down+up)

ONLY thing it does is when i do the power+down or all buttons .. the green light comes on. but only when its pluged in to wall or usb.

it will not stay on but few seconds.

before all that ... i rooted phone , installed safestrap, added cm10  ...got bored and deleted cm10 and factory reset stock rom. then phone updated, from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, then i started over ... root, safestrap, cm10 rom 

anyways

i wanted to replace stock with cm10 without having two roms at once sucking up the phones memory .... safestrap allows you to have 5 roms but i could not get more then two because not enough room,  

BOTTOM LINE I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE RIGHT PROGRAM AND VERSION TO USE TO FIX THE LIGHT BRICK ISSUE OF BEING STUCK IN FASTBOOT SCREEN, AND LINK TO GET IT  FOR THIS MAKE AND MODLE PHONE,

incase for whatever reason that happends again, i dont get the hard brick like i do now. 

thank you fellow droid users ....... and FU*K apple ...  

***APPLE DONT GOT S**T ON THE ANDROID***

#2 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

If you are in 4.1.2, use this utility:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Are you able to get I to ap fast boot? You need to hold down all three buttons on the while powered off. It should bring you to the black and white menu. At that menu scroll down using the volume - control when fast boot is highlighted, select using the volume+ button. Plug in, and use the utility option 1 to restore your system, followed by option 2 to restore stock recovery. Option five will reroot you.
  • tmyinc and brandon71 like this

#3 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

Also, you're wanting to flash over the stock slot in safe strap, it is possible , but takes a few extra steps. (Actually, I'm not sure it possible with cm10 with kexec). Pm me if this If the route you want to go. However, it is easier and safer to unlock your boot loader and to install a custom recovery. I recommend you read up on it around the forums here, and that way you can make an informed decision before you make your choice. Look before you leap and all that. If you decide to continue with safe strap, and still want to put a ROM on your stock slot, pm me and I'll explain how to do it. :-)
  • brandon71 likes this

#4 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

no screen shows up now that its hard bricked.... soft brick is fixable. because your still alowed to enter fastboot (power+up+down) and i was alowed to enter stock recovery (power+up) ..... but in my case. when i pluged the phone to computer and used (droidrazrutility 1.10)  is when i got hard brick.

phone will not show any screen. 

wont do anything ...... only when i hook it up to wall charger or usb port, it does give me a green light.  but cant get it to do anything.  tried every button combo to get into fastboot or recovery. but then light turns off.

#5 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

this is what happend.when i got phone 4.1.1

1. rooted using (motofail2go jb superuser)   .....no issues

2. installed (safestrap recovery 3.12)   ....no issues

once i rebooted into safestrap recovery

3. i installed (cm-10-20121207-unofficial-scorpion_min zip)

and         (gapps-jb-20121011-signed zip)     .....no isses

i was able to bounce from stock rom to slot 1 the cm10 rom....

played around with eclipse rom by deleting cm10 and factory reset phone updated to 4.1.2 ..did steps 1 and 2  then

adding eclipse on slot 1...  but not before backing up both cm10 and stock rom.

well i like cm10 better, so i deleted eclips and did back up to put cm10 back on...  i did look around online to see if i could just replace stock rom with cm10 and not have two roms on phone...

and seen fourm saying to activate slot 1 (where my custom rom was at) and it was already backed up then i could factory whipe stock and recover the custom rom onto it.......

(DID NOT WORK) IT WOULD NOT LOAD THE ROM, IT WOULD GIVE MOTO LOGO THEN SAFESTRAP SCREEN AND RESTART.  

i did have stock rom backed up, but it did no good becuase it would not mount, i was still able to activate the cm10 on slot one ....  but i did a ricky retardo moment and tried another factor whipe on stock,  and  (SOFT BRICK)

#6 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

How long are you holding in all three buttons? try holding them for over ten seconds. If nothing happens let go the press all three and hold them in again for a while. Even with what you described you should still be able to get into fastboot.

• neckchop likes this

#7 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

I don't think there is a 1.82 utility version for this phone did you use a utility for another phone?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#8 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

1.82 is for the xt912

#9 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

1.82 is for the xt912

Then the op used the wrong utility first that's probably the problem

• neckchop, tmyinc and shane1 like this

#10 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Yeah that was the issue. I didn't link a utility since neckchop beat me to it lol. I was ninja'd<br /><br />Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />
  • neckchop, shane1 and brandon71 like this

#11 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

He said he tried 1.82, but it kept failing.  That's where the problem started.  Then, he tried to use 1.10, which made things worse.  OP, since you already updated to 4.1.2, you need to use Utility 1.20 for the RazrM.  Please read the entire post, before using a utility.  Also, if you can't get FB mode to open, your battery might be dead.  Try plugging it into the wall for a few hours and see what happens. 

• neckchop likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#12 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

yeah i have held buttons for 30 seconds. but it acts like its dead, and i have had the phone pluged in for 24 hours and i cant get it to boot anything.

only thing i get is a green light to come on but only if it is pluged in.

and i didnt get the droidrazrutility 1.20 will after i bricked phone. .... i have been reading 1000 of diferant posts and forums on my make and modle and version

things can be verry confusing....

i dont know if anyone else has encountered this problem... but i havent found anything to fix issue.. 

one thing that im not sure about is,  if im getting a green light ... then phone is getting power.  BUT ONLY when plugged in to outlet or usb..

maybe battery not getting enough power to charge. i dont know... but you would think if it was pluged to a power sorce then you should be able to get some display

...but i dont ... no battery display no boot ... so im possitive that there is no fix for this (HARD BRICK)

#13 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

yeah i have held buttons for 30 seconds. but it acts like its dead, and i have had the phone pluged in for 24 hours and i cant get it to boot anything.
only thing i get is a green light to come on but only if it is pluged in.
and i didnt get the droidrazrutility 1.20 will after i bricked phone. .... i have been reading 1000 of diferant posts and forums on my make and modle and version
things can be verry confusing....
i dont know if anyone else has encountered this problem... but i havent found anything to fix issue.. 
one thing that im not sure about is,  if im getting a green light ... then phone is getting power.  BUT ONLY when plugged in to outlet or usb..
maybe battery not getting enough power to charge. i dont know... but you would think if it was pluged to a power sorce then you should be able to get some display
...but i dont ... no battery display no boot ... so im possitive that there is no fix for this (HARD BRICK)

Hold power and volume down for a few seconds and you should see your screen flicker as soon as you see it hold power volume up volume down at the same time gotta do it quick though your not hard bricked if you can see the green light

#14 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hold power and volume down for a few seconds and you should see your screen flicker as soon as you see it hold power volume up volume down at the same time gotta do it quick though your not hard bricked just a bad soft brick once you do what I told you you should be able to get into fastboot and use matts utility to flash back to stock

Edit: sorry about the double post idk how that happened lol

• RikRong likes this

#15 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

2.5MB   3 downloads    this is (ROOT) i used it worked fast easy and for both 4.1.1 and 4.1.2

4.43MB   9 downloads    this is the (RECOVERY) i used and worked for both 4.1.1 and .4.1.2

once i had both on my phone and i rebooted into safestrap, i installed

(cm10 rom zip) and (gapps zip)

phone worked just fine,  only issue i noticed is that it does take up memory so if you are someone that likes to download allot of apps you might start seeing your phone take longer to load apps or even when browsing internet.

(NOW IM ONLY GIVING MY EXPERINCE)   when i soft bricked my phone it was (MY) fault.

because i tried to replace stock rom with custom rom, obviously the wrong way.

at this point after attempting (droidrazrutility 1.83) and it was a failer

i did try (droidrazrutility 1.10) ....and thats when (HARD BRICK)

now i (THINK)  either it again was not the right program or, maybe as it was running my phone battery died giving me a incomplete operating system...

i found that i should have used (droidrazrutility 1.20) and maybe the 1.10... i dont know

bottom line.

(I SHOULD NOT HAVE TRIED REPLACING STOCK ROM WITH THE CUSTOM ROM THE WAY I DID)

(SHOULD HAVE MADE SURE BATTERY WAS 100% BEFORE DOING ANY UTILITY)

(AND SHOULD HAVE TOOK MORE TIME MAKING SURE I WAS USING PROPER UTILITY)..

hope this helps anyone that has (droid razr m XT907)  to prevent what happend to mine.

i do think it is a wise idea to take the time to understand what you are doing to your phone and what could happen if you do, and to have proper programs to help you fix the problem before its to late...

• RikRong likes this

#16 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

I will give it a shot, but time that i have tried to to that i dont see my screen flash or react to anything.

#17 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Well, it seems like you know what went wrong.  Now, we just need to get the dang phone into fastboot mode. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#18 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

If you plug your phone into your PC does anything happen?

#19 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

what is strange is its pluged to my computer right now, and i press and hold (power+down) till green light comes on (screen does not flash computer still does not detect the phone.  now once i (power+down) and light came on i instently (power+down+up) and light goes off, but when i let go of buttons it comes back on, and so far still is on but phone or computer is not reacting to it

#20 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Battery dead? Sounds like what it does with a dead battery...<br /><br />Sent from my XT907 on CM10.1 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users