#21 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m xt907

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

have thought about the battery being a issue, so i used stock charger in outlet not the usb and left it there for over 24 hours, and the strange thing is that is green light does come on then its getting some sort of power. just not getting any reaction to the screen, no battery screen or flash .... no matter what combo of buttons i try.

***APPLE DONT GOT S**T ON THE ANDROID***

#22 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

If you hold power and both volume buttons at the same time, this is like simulating a battery pull.  It will cause the phone to reboot.   If you hold all buttons until you get the flash at the top of the screen, then release and immediately push all three again,you should get into the fastboot menu.  If you don't do it fast enough, it will reboot the phone.  Also, if you hold just the power button down, it should shut the phone off. If the phone is all the way off, just hold all three buttons until you get the fastboot menu.  Also, as a note, if you plug the phone in with power off, it will try to boot up.  You need to try to get into fastboot without the phone plugged in.  Once you are in fastboot, you can plug the phone into the computer.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#23 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

i have tryied that a few time. and for some reson it just wont boot into anything.  and if i unplug my phone and try powering on, or fastboot, or even try entering recovery. i dont even get the green light at top.

if the phone is pluged into the wall or computer. then yeah the green light comes on. but after a while the light turns off.

before i used droidrazrutility 1.10 i was able to enter fastboot, and phones recovery. but once i tried that utility program it just stop displaying anything.

#24 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

The green light is your LED that indicates you're charging.  The flash you should get when you turn off of the phone won't be that LED, it will just be a thin white line at the top of the screen. 

#25 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

when phone is not pluged in.  it does not respond to anything, no flash on screen, no green light, no matter what buttons i push or hold for any amout of time.

if the phone is pluged in screen does nothing, no flash no response  just the green light.

im going to recored the phone and what it does. and post it on youtube or something,  and then post link here,

#26 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, the video would help a lot.  I'm doing my best, but I'm fairly new to this phone.  Hopefully, someone with more experience can get on here and help you out. 

#27 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

I DO WANT TO THANK EVERYONE THAT HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO HELP FIND THE SALUTION TO THIS ISSUE.

im am uploading the video to youtube, so it can give a better understanding of what its doing.

i just hope that this post will help others and prevent this problem..

THANK YOU ALL AND VIDEO WILL BE DONE UPLOADING SOON,  IF THERE IS A WAY TO FIX IT THEN THAT WOULD BE SWEET. THOUGH I DONT THINK THERE IS. but like i said at least all this information will help to prevent others from having this problem.

#28 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

video to show what im talking about

#29 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

Your screen flickered around 2:07

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • shane1 likes this

#30 s.dubs

s.dubs

Team Rage Developer

• Developer
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter:@sdubs317
  • Locationcuse
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

I know this is like beating a dead horse with these key combos at this point but give this a try... hold down both volume keys THEN plug the phone in (still while holding the volume keys down), if that does nothing try holding down just volume down THEN plug the phone in. You can try with the power key too but I'm guessing the phones attempting to boot when you plug it in, so that's basically simulating the power key. Good luck!

Help Support & Donate!

#31 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Sounds like you flashed the og RAZR boot loader to your RAZR m with the wrong utility. that is the one thing that will cause a hard brick.
I'd recommend contacting Matt, the creator of the utilities; he has a jtag unit which is the only way it can be fixed afaik.
  • Aixelsyd, RikRong and brandon71 like this

#32 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Sounds like you flashed the og RAZR boot loader to your RAZR m with the wrong utility. that is the one thing that will cause a hard brick.
I'd recommend contacting Matt, the creator of the utilities; he has a jtag unit which is the only way it can be fixed afaik.

^^^ This for sure is the problem i'll bet. By using the wrong utility ( prime example of why i DO NOT like utilities) on the device it sounds like it copied a bootloader for an OMAP chip to your device which is Qualcomm, bad bad plan. Your only hope in saving it at this point is a jtag like ^^^^ mentioned. 

#33 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

^^^ This for sure is the problem i'll bet. By using the wrong utility ( prime example of why i DO NOT like utilities) on the device it sounds like it copied a bootloader for an OMAP chip to your device which is Qualcomm, bad bad plan. Your only hope in saving it at this point is a jtag like ^^^^ mentioned. 

The weird thing if this is true is he said he failed using the og RAZR utility then he tried the RAZR m utility so he had to get back in fastboot after he tried flashing the wrong utility I guess the damage was already done and trying to flash the right utility afterwards didn't help

• celticpayne likes this

#34 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

The weird thing if this is true is he said he failed using the og RAZR utility then he tried the RAZR m utility so he had to get back in fastboot after he tried flashing the wrong utility I guess the damage was already done and trying to flash the right utility afterwards didn't help

i mentioned to matt today that it might be a good idea to remove the bootloader flashing portion from his utilities as it is rarely necessary anyway; he removed the bootloader flashing for the latest razr m and razr hd utilities but the older utilites still have that function. how the op was able to get into fastboot mode after using the og razr utility is puzzling, but the razr m utility didn't flash the bootloader, so it wasn't able to correct the problem.

• celticpayne likes this

#35 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'm sad to say that I was not able to fix this issue.
I have a new phone coming and will be rooting and installing safe strap and again using cm10 ..
Now I do want to know if there is a way to run cm10 without safe strap ... Phones I had before could install through stock recovery as update.Zip but through clockwork recovery .. Have not found anything on forums about replacing stock with cm10 .. Just know about safe strap And running two roms

#36 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Sorry, you couldn't get it fixed.  Hopefully, this has been a learning experience.  Not to be a jerk, but all of the questions you asked about CM are right here in this forum.  Search a little, learn a lot.

#37 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yeah I do like to do the research before trying it. And this last issue I had was to help my fellow droid users to understand what went wrong.. I have allot successes and two bricks. All on trial and error .. And want to make sure I don't do the same mistake twice ..
Now I got few questions ....
(1)... Is there a clockwork recovery for the (droid razr m xt907? Or can u only use safe strap?
(2)... Is cm10 the best custom rom to use? Or any rom better for my make and model?
(3)... I noticed on safe strap you are able to have up to 5 roms counting stock but on my phone I could not have more then my stock and custom due to memory . Is there a way to add more internal memory?
main question....... If for some reason my phone soft bricks again.. It is the (droidrazrutility 1.20) what I use???
I know In this post thred I have repeated myself allot . But I just like to triple check .

#38 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

(1)... Is there a clockwork recovery for the (droid razr m xt907? Or can u only use safe strap?
Yes, but you need to unlock your bootloader to use it. SafeStrap is the only option for a locked phone.
(2)... Is cm10 the best custom rom to use? Or any rom better for my make and model?
IMO, it's not the best to use, yet. If everything was running perfectly, then it would probably be the best because it offers the best tweaks and the best opportunity for customization. However, CM builds are still buggy on this phone. I prefer stock based ROMs because everything works. Sure, I can't change the color of my LED if I'm on a stock based ROM (without use of an app), but that kind of stuff is not super important to me. I am running Rage ROM with BlackWhite theme and no soft keys.
(3)... I noticed on safe strap you are able to have up to 5 roms counting stock but on my phone I could not have more then my stock and custom due to memory . Is there a way to add more internal memory?
You can't use that many ROMs on the M because there's not enough internal room. You can't add internal memory. The internal SD is partitioned into 2 4gb parts. One for ROM use (app storage, etc.), and the other for media storage (I think that's how it is).
main question....... If for some reason my phone soft bricks again.. It is the (droidrazrutility 1.20) what I use???
Utility 1.20 for 4.1.2
Utility 1.10 for 4.1.1

All of these things are posted right here in this forum. It's starting to get frustrating answering the same questions over and over. If you have to continually ask questions, modifying this phone probably isn't for you. If you've already hard bricked two phones, then this hobby definitely isn't for you. However, if you still want to pursue modifications, we are here to help you.
  • mhous33, yelson13, brandon71 and 1 other like this

#39 celticpayne

celticpayne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for info