n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:@thatvzwguy
  • LocationMidwest
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

First off I'm a moto noob, I have the TWRP installed and the bootloader unlocked,  I just tried flashing Rage 1.1 and ended up in RSD and then after restoring, rerroting, and reunlocking the bootloader I attempted to flash the Nexusque ROM i kept getting an error saying no MD5 found and then the flash failed.  Between the hoops to mod this phone and the lack of success I'm having I am at my wits end.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.   :angry:unsure:angry:wacko:unsure:  

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Are you mounting system in recovery prior to flashing the rom??

• tucstwo likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I would also check and see if "toggle verification" is selected. It's different, BUT similar (I know, sounds silly) in TWRP but there is a way to bypass MD5 check when flashing or restoring back ups. I'm sorry, I do not use TWRP, I'm an OG CWM user so I can not be more specific, but this seems like it may be your problem.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#4 njmeyers83

njmeyers83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

I've tried mounting and not mounting. I'm used to CWM as well. Just kinda at a loss.

#5 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

Silly question but when you first booted into TWRP did you mount system, then wipe cache, Dalivk, or system?  Or did you just Mount  System and then try flashing the ROM. Reason i ask is if you mount system first, then do the wiping of whatever that is the problem is my guess. First you need to boot into TWRP and wipe out whatever you wish, then go to Reboot in TWRP and seelct Reboot recovery, once recovery is reboot now Mount System to follow up with flashing a ROM.

BTW once your bootloader is unlocked you should NEVER have to unlock it again even if you use RSD Lite or fastboot to flash the device 

• dvgb131 likes this

#6 njmeyers83

njmeyers83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Thanks I'll give this a try when I get off work. I love the phone but the flashing big is making me itch.

#7 clintro

clintro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:clintro

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

I've tried mounting and not mounting. I'm used to CWM as well. Just kinda at a loss.

Also try going into recovery..... mount make sure you are on the internal memory, make sure system is checked, if it is then un-check and re-check it.  if not then it should be checked. 

Just shooting in the dark here.  worth a try :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users