9 replies to this topic

#1 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hey all,

I am on the leak ICS..... I had to do it twice....went back GB and my radios were fried no 4G or anything.....was very scary....so I went back on the leak....retained root.... been on the leak since....have done two factory restores from the privacy menu..... but now I am about to do my third....blue tooth is acting up...my keyboard freezes like crazy.... my battery is bizarre and yes I calibrated three times. It now says 100% for google play in batter use. On calls I am frozen to switch apps or anything like that. I am pissed....I was thinking of going back to stock and just taking the update...atleast my phone will be fast and clean....I haven't even flashed anything.....the razor Max was sick until this crappy experience. Does anybody know what the experience will be if going back to GB and taking the update 181? Last time I went back it wasn't pretty at all.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

If you are worried about having problems, use RSD and the full Fastboot files to restore .744 and take the official OTAs to .748 and .173 (sideloading them should be fine, and faster). This should leave you with a 100% pure stock .173 device.

If having some problems like this is an issue for you, you are probably best off sticking with official releases. Leaks/alphas/betas/ even are best left to those that know how to handle problems that can/will arise.

#3 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

I belive your going to have to fastboot back to .744, then accept the OTA to get back to .173

snives beat me to it :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#4 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

When you do get back to ICS leak you could try Th3ory's modifier for the leak. Speeds things up quite a bit and has been smooth.

With the battery the only issues i have with it is if you reboot, flash something in CWM or power off the phone. That throws battery stats off for some reason. If you dont reboot it should be ok. I found that if you need to reboot or power off plug phone in charger before doing so and battery stats will stay in tact, for me anyway.

Good luck with it next time around.

#5 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Mikey can you list all the applications that you are installing? I'm having great luck with the leak. I just don't get the same great battery life I was getting.

#6 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

I thought the kernal was also updated when updating the leak?

#7 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

I can handle problems when they arise..... just letting you know....but who wants a sluggish device..... nobody. I did yet another factory reset....BC I get nervous flashing back when nobody is very clear on what was actually upgraded....kernal....battery...radio. etc.

Looks like I got booted from the soak test for 181 anyway.....I did give my meid number so that may be why!

The slowness and sluggish behavior only happens after extended use.... when all my 70 apps are setup....corp exchange and my work email is pumping..... has anybody tried ics safe strap to clear cache make backups and clear data? I can't tell who it actually helped....I can't get stuck in a loop! Use this for work too much..... I was thinmjng about theories script....but he shuts off logging and I need to debug applications for work: (

#8 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Don that's a good point..... I really think its the application set that may effect this behavior..... I find some battery apps cause issues...... I have around 70-80 apps usually installed.....and that's a lot to type out..... but some apps I think have slowed me up......and btw I get great battery life without rebooting.....

Droid over clock caused issues
Beautiful widgets w/ animations
ALL battery widgets and apps- battery indicator pro
I think battery calibrator and whipping stats makes it worse..... .
I use Skype ALOT
I froze a bunch of apps without using disabled function ( this time I only disabled what that new feature allows. ....

I think email exchange and how I need to sync a full month might be slowing things up a bit too..... its 1,000 emails in my inbox.

I can list a few more but I'm a big app guy.....folder organizers and apex launchers I think cause some compatible issues as well...... any major customisation

#9 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

Droid Bluetooth toggle
Root dim
SQL editor with enti change.

Beta 11 tether
Quicpick.
Titanisn
Appmonsters
4G toggle
Cache mate
Chrome....with chrome to phone and full sync to desktop-------which I also think even clearing cache frequently causes massive slow down after time......

#10 mikeymax

mikeymax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Bump

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users