Photo

help with making theme

Best Answer usmcamgrimm , 03 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Ok so I followed some of the guides I found, everything worked great when I tweaked my system ui apk. Then I tweaked settings apk and dropped it in my zip. Well after flashing my nav bar and soft keys disappeared ok so I figured it was just my settings apk I modded. So I reloaded my original zip and the same thing happens. I'm curious what happened? Everything worked fine until I dropped the settings apk in my zip.

It's your SystemUI.apk. Nothing to do with your settings apk. Make sure your images are the right size and that it is signed properly then reflash it.

Tapatalking from the pits of hell with my Slaytanic Rage machine! Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hellknight4206

hellknight4206

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Ok so as the topic states I would like a little help with making a theme. I have all necessary programs. Yet some if the info I have read on the net seems a little outdated. I have read so many pages and guides and what not and still hit a brick wall. My original zip I made wound up killing my system files. Not sure how that happened. So I scrapped that and started over. Does anyone have any newer information towards accomplishing this? The guide I was using had a zip file ready to go to flash but the link was down. I also can't adb in recovery. Can I adb in fastboot to flash systemui.apk? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Have you read

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

section??

• neckchop likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 hellknight4206

hellknight4206

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Thank you, I haven't read that section, somehow it eluded me in my search, I spent the past few days searching and reading, now I have more to read lol.. Thanks again
  • neckchop and Memnoch73 like this

#4 hellknight4206

hellknight4206

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Ok so I followed some of the guides I found, everything worked great when I tweaked my system ui apk. Then I tweaked settings apk and dropped it in my zip. Well after flashing my nav bar and soft keys disappeared ok so I figured it was just my settings apk I modded. So I reloaded my original zip and the same thing happens. I'm curious what happened? Everything worked fine until I dropped the settings apk in my zip.

#5 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:40 AM   Best Answer

It's your SystemUI.apk. Nothing to do with your settings apk. Make sure your images are the right size and that it is signed properly then reflash it.

Tapatalking from the pits of hell with my Slaytanic Rage machine!

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#6 hellknight4206

hellknight4206

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Tapatalking from the pits of hell with my Slaytanic Rage machine!

Hmm too bad I'm at work, I can't do anything until I get off. I should have grabbed a screenshot or 2 before I messed it up, it was looking pretty sweet considering.

Edit:: Ok after going through all my files I just loaded the backup I had I still can't figure out what i did wrong but it is working now here is a screenshot 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users