tsforman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNew Meixico
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD 4.1.2

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

i apologize in advance if I am not posting correctly this is the first time I have ever had to post in a forum. I have a Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD that was running 4.1.2.  I am a former Iphone user and decided to upgrade to the droid. The phone is quite amazing but I am so lost. I decided to root my phone thinking it was going to be as simple as the Iphone jail breaking outcome. I believe I have now bricked my device. To be honest I got real excited and was playing around  on the pimp my rom application and something has gone terribly wrong. There is no sound, the phone won't make calls every application stops responding and now the "play music" won't even play my mp3 files. it is crazy. about the only things I can do is send text messages and get online THANK GOD!!!!! first I tried just doing a factory reset. Nothing still same problems. i then tried removing the root with the RSD Lite program and it failed and i believe it was because I had the wrong file so I downloaded the 4.1.2 and opened the xml file and deleted the getvar lines instructions and well now I am stuck. It fails and now when I try to AP fastboot it says device is locked. What now???? Please help me figure this out. This phone has definitlely challenged me and I am so frustrated. I have never been able to not figure out how to fix anything before but these droid phones though very superior and superb it is not a phone to be played with. i usually research everything but there is so much to be learned that i got impatient and now I have a problem. Thank you

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

Use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

option 1 to return to stock 4.1.2

Then  use Option 5 to root

Then use Option 6 to unlock your bootloader (which is why fatboot says locked)

Moving this to HD help

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Let us know if you get it working. Disappearing imei's and bricked phones scare me to death.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users